While You're There ~ Cole

"Traitor!"

"Scum!"

"Criminal!"

"Insolent—!"

"Crazy ex-girlfriend!"

You looked at Cole, "Don't you have anything to say?"

He remained silent, looking at you with a hard gaze. The only thing he could do, considering that he was behind bars in a fenstone cell.

Your staring contest was interrupted as your boyfriend came strutting into the room, kissing your cheek. The ninja gagged.

Cole distinctly noticed the glint of the keys hanging hapharzardly from his pocket. Slight hope bubbled but it quickly evaporated when he realized that there was no way to reach it.

"Is everything ready?" You asked, smiling as he continued to pepper kisses on your knuckles.

"Almost." He sang, "Are you sure you don't want to be there? I can get someone else to watch the dorks." He said, pointing to the colourful people behind bars. How did they even sneak around looking like bloody crayons?

You shook your head, "Nah, as much as I hate looking at their faces, I'd much rather stay here. The way he looks at me freaks me out." You murmured the last part to him, shuddering lightly.

He nodded, brushing a strand of hair away, "Well, if you need anything, you know what to do."

You grinned, pecking him quickly and sending him off.

Cole's heart swelled with hope while he was watching your boyfriend walk away. He nearly cried in relief, but managed to keep his unimpressed face as he caught a glance of the nervousness on your face, checking if your boyfriend had noticed anything.

There was no mistake.

You had just stolen the keys.