Trouble ~ Kai

WARNING: I know Garmadon is kind of "expired" at this point, but please just ignore it.

Why you had to go all the way to Ignacia to pick up weighted bo staffs instead of just going to a local place and get the custom-made was a mystery to you, but Garmadon insisted that you needed to go the extra mile to get the best supplies.

Oh, how you were going to kill him later.

Four Weapons Blacksmith was, as you learned later, Kai's family's blacksmith shop that was taken over shortly after Kai went became an elemental master. However, what was not written on the internet, was that it had closed. 

That was precisely the reason why you were standing outside the long abandoned store, trying to look through the dusty windows when you realized that the door was unlocked.

"I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries." You murmured, stepping inside the dusty shop, "I don't think anyone is going to stop me getting mild asthma, though." You said, coughing when a dust cloud erupted when you accidentally brushed against the curtains.

You kind of figured that it had been a long time since it was open, but you were way too intrigued to leave. Almost every single piece in the store was stamped by a familiar crest but you couldn't tell where you had seen it before.

You could barely see anything but still managed to find a few childhood pictures of Kai and his sister.

"Aw, if only you weren't such a huge jerk I would've taken these home with me."

The sound of engines outside the shop had made your heart drop. Was it Kai? If it was, you'd never hear the end of it.

Deciding to hide underneath a table, you pinched your nose to keep yourself from sneezing.

"I thought we got the last of their tools." Said a voice you couldn't identify.

"Apparently, those fools think that we left something. Their making us run around just because they can't do anything else."

"They'll soon pay when we don't need them anymore."

"Yeah, they're going to regret even sending out the Vermillion Warriors for petty chores."

Your brows furrowed, Vermillion Warriors? What on earth were they?

"Where did they say it'd be?"

"I don't know, somewhere around the store? There's not a lot of place to search anyway, so let's just start looking."

Your eyes widened, 'Shit!'

Hoping they wouldn't look under the table, you covered your mouth with your hand and tried to breath as noiselessly as you could afford.

But your hopes were quickly shattered when one of the Vermillion, knelt down beside the table and his eyes widened, seeing you.

"Well, well, well, what do we have he—?!" You kicked him in the face, catching him in surprise.

You bolted from under the table and quickly kicked the other snake before running out of the shop. On the lawn, sat one of their vehicles which could probably go 80 miles per hour and you came here on the bus.

You sprinted behind the vehicle and groaned when you couldn't feel the motor running. The engine was switched off and the keys were most likely on their person.

"Come on out, girly! Unless you want us to hurt you twice as much when we find you!"

You cursed under your breath and darted from your hiding spot, your heart dropping seeing that they had weapons. Taking deep breaths, you surprised them once more when you sprinted towards them and right into the store.

"Please don't be rusted." You pleaded as you picked up a shield and sword.

"There's no where to run now." Said the snake, smirking as him and his companion stepped into the store.

You quickly glanced at the wall beside you.

'Old house, hasn't been looked after for a while, please let this work.'

You wasted no time and crashed through the wall, shield protecting most of your vital body parts and you fell into the grass. Both your opponents came at you and you were able to intercept on of their swords with the shield and the other with your own weapon.

You pushed them and backed away, panicking when they came at you again.

You ran head first and slammed the shield into one of the opponents, hitting the sword out of his hands and kicked the other one to his knees.

You ran back and took the other sword, throwing your shield to hit the first one in the face.

The both of them came towards you and you defended yourself with both of the swords until one of them gave a sharp kick to your elbow and you lost your grip on the sword, allowing him to catch it.

You cursed and pushed yourself, pulling out your phone. Only a handful of people could help you and get here the fastest.

The phone rang for a long time and you had to avoid fighting because your busy hand could easily be targeted and you instead opted for running inside the shop once again, throwing shuriken and maces.

You set the phone on speaker and put it in your bra.

"What to you want, (Y/N)? I'm with Skylor right now and I can't— " "Help me!"

"What's wrong?" "I'm in Ignacia and I'm in a huge problem right now! Get here!"

You narrowly missed one the the shuriken thrown back at you.

"Ignacia? Why are you there?" You roughly heard an engine in the background and nearly sighed in relief.

"I'm at the Blacksmith's. Please help."

"Okay, okay, I'm on my way."

"He won't get here fast enough." The snake yelled as he cornered you and the other was blocking your exit.

"Who is that?" "Vermillion!" You screamed, picking up a sword as you crashed through another wall, your body getting impacted this time. You groaned, trying to pull yourself off the ground.

"Vermillion Warriors?! Shit!"

"Get here. Quick."

The snake charged at you and you fought back with your sword, kicking him and resorting to punching when you couldn't get any hits with the sword.

He charged once more and you hit him on the head with the hilt of your sword, flipping him behind you and panting in sheer relief when you realized that he wasn't getting up.

"Wait, where's the other one?" You mumbled, when the shadow you were standing in became larger.

"(Y/N), hang tight. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Aahhh!!!" You shrieked, darting out of the way from the falling water tower which was pushed by their vehicle, your phone falling out of your clothing and getting crushed by it. You were slightly less unlucky, instead getting hit by one of its leg which sent you flying into their brick wall behind the house, effectively knocking you unconscious.

"(Y/N)?!!" Beep. Beep. Beep. "Shit!!"