Chapter 21

Author's POV

The Fairy gave each of them a silver key. Each little egg had proven much gallantry during their crossing of the first land. Although one of them surpassed these qualities by demonstrating extraordinary intelligence and surpassing of self. Which is why The Great Fairy had given Star a golden key. A key they would need to access harder trials in the future. And with her blessing, the little eggs departed for the next land: the Talus Cave.

The group spent the next week travelling to the frozen realm. They gathered supplies along the way, ranging from boots to the extravagant coats. They had it all and were ready to face the slippery road ahead.

Link's POV

For some odd reason when we got to the gate, the silver keys didn't open their respective door. Only the gold key unlocked the gate. When I crossed the barrier, I knew that we would be facing more challenging obstacles than the previous area's. What I didn't expect was the challenge awaiting us upon our entrance to this world. The area we started on was not connected to any other path. All that could be seen was ice ridge, blocking any other to our ultimate goal. The only way to get across was on a platform. It moved up to the corners passing before us and returning to its starting point. It maintained its course, stuck in the loop, with no faltering, that would allow us a second to hop on.

We'll have to be quick on our toes to get across.

"Ocean, grab Flames and hop on a platform at the next opportunity."

They moved quickly to grasp the right moment and make a run for it. As soon I a looked elsewhere, I could here Flame cursing under his breath. I'm assuming he almost made an unfortunate fall.

"Rose, I need you and Star to grab the items on the side. We'll need them for later."

Although I talked clearly, she didn't make a move. She was crouched in front of Star who seemed to be anxious.

"Rose, is everything alright?"

"It'll be okay. Star seems to have a fear of heights. It'll be difficult for him to get across."

She unhooked her sack passing it to me, "You should go on ahead. We'll catch up to you later."

"We can't leave you! I'm not leaving you, Rose! I refuse to!"

"You don't have a choice Link. Unless you want to waste time, I suggest you go without us. Don't worry, we'll be fine."

"Rose. . ."

"Please, Link, you must continue for me. I beg you."

I remained silent and departed, leaving Star and Rose behind. Guilt clawed at my insides the further I went. I met up with Ocean and Flame on the other side after picking up the boots.

"Where's Mister Moon and Flower Girl?" asked Flame.

"Star had a panic attack because of his fear of heights and Rose is helping him calm down. She told us to keep going."

"What!? We can't leave them! We're a team."

"I know Flame, but she insisted. She won't let Star cross in his current state. We have to keep going and hope they'll catch up."

"Don't worry, they'll catch up in no time. I can already tell that the two share a great bond. They shall rejoin us with very little difficulty."

Ocean's words reassured me. I was now calm, with almost all traces of my former worry erased from my being. I took one last glance behind me, still worried about the wellbeing of the one I loved.

"Please be safe," I whispered turning back. The three of us departed towards the dangers awaiting us, outside the safety of the ice wall. It was time to fight.