Chapter 17

Tenebris' POV

The sun slowly left its position in the sky. The moon was already there ready to take place.

I was a mess. My face was littered with dried tears. My hair was everywhere, filled with leaves and mud. I had searched for hours, and I still hadn't found her. I was about to give up when I heard her call.

Tenebris. . . Help me. . .

I was already running in her direction. I pushed against the branches in my way to an open field. A shadow stood across from me. Her lips held a smirk as she leaned against the tree.

I growled. I'd been tricked.

"Who are you?"

She smiled walking closer to me.

It's me, Rose, don't you recognize me?

I lunged and slammed her to the ground.

"Don't you dare lie to me" I spat at her.

Her smile never wavered, still bright.

I'm not lying. Take a careful look at me sweetheart. Your precious princess is still here.

I stopped and did as she said. My eyes wandered down her body and I realized that it was indeed Rose. Her face, her hair, her figure, it was all the same.

I released her but that was my mistake. She took the opportunity to kick me in the abdomen. I flew back into a bush getting scratched by the multiple branches. I groaned and got out of my predicament.

"Don't mess with me! Rose would never hurt me."

My dear, don't you see the glow in my eyes, the darkness on my skin, the shadows seeping from me?

I clenched my fists in pure anger. She had taken over Rose's body. The only way to get rid of the shadow was to kill Rose.

I slammed my hand to the ground and pulled my sword from the depths.

She frowned when glancing at my weapon.

I see you know what you have to do. Are you willing to kill your princess just to get to me?

I smirked, "Who said I would kill her?"

Rose growled and charged towards me. I narrowly dodged her numerous lashes.

Why can't you stay still!?

"What would be fun with staying still? You should now that I like toying with people."

I'll make you swallow your words!

"I'd rather get something a little more appetizing to swallow but whatever works."

To my surprise, not a streak of red lit her cheeks. She only smirked seemingly amused by my remark.

Did you really think such a comment would make me swoon? You'll have to do better than that Te-ne-bris ~