Chapter 13

Author's POV

It has been a couple of days since the flower and knight had become friends. Finally, they both seemed to be truly happy.

Yes seemed

There was still envy, want in his heart, but hers had a spot of sadness, of regret.

It was odd for them to smile and not feel that pleasing euphoria from the new bond. Despite having a missing piece to their seemingly happy relationship, could they truly stay together as friends forever?

TIME SKIP

As the sun reached high noon, an unsuspected visitor flew himself in the shadows of the village. He waltzed in the castle walls taking a peek at the queen in her chambers.

"My my, I've spotted a beauty," he said his eyes feasting upon her body "I can feel the triforce from within her. Hehehe looks like I have found my queen."

With one last gaze, he left.

"I'll come back for you soon, my dear."

Rose's POV

"Link I need your help" I called while dealing with my dilemma.

He walked into the room, shirtless with sweat dripping down his chest. He was dabbing the salty substance from his brow with a small towel, face glistening in the sunlight.

My cheeks burned like fire as I gazed at his muscular torso. If I didn't have more control, I'd probably be drooling right now.

"I need help tying my corset," I told him giving access to the suffocating device.

I heard him sigh whilst he stepped towards me. With every stride, my heart beat harder. I could hear its sickening sound echo in my ear, louder and louder each time.

Pain shot up my spine when the waist trainer tightened. It's been so long since I've worn a corset, the pain was unbearable.

"Link, please untighten it. On second thought, I won't be wearing a corset today."

The pressure was quickly released and my breathing was now no longer hindered. My entire waist was numb.

It was quite an unpleasant experience. And to think I'd have to deal with that for the years to come.

"Rose, are you okay?"

His soft subtle voice broke my chain of thought.

"Yes, yes, I am perfectly fine," I told him still out of breath.

"Are you sure? You look a little pale."

And that's when the dizziness set in. I stumbled for a moment but caught my balance.

"I'll be fine. No need to worry. I just need a little fresh air."

His eyes looked worried, unconvinced.

"Then allow me to at least escort you to the palace gardens."

Although the offer was good I refused.

"It's quite alright. You can resume your training, I'll be headed to the village today. I need to visit Little Eddy and Orchid."

He looked at me disappointed, sad almost. An inner debate started in my head.

To be escorted or not to be escorted? That is the question. Whether it is better to suffer slings and arrows of embarrassment or take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing add to them. Man either one sounds absolutely terrible. . . My mind is so conflicted now. I don't know what to do. Should I let him escort me? I mean we are friends now but he was training. I don't want to interrupt him any further. Brain make up my mind!