Chapter 9

Rose's POV

I blinked

Once

Twice

Thrice

. . .

"Of course I am Edward, I'm surprised you were able to figure it out."

Link's POV

Was he really her boyfriend? Is that why she asked me to stay with Zelda? No that couldn't be it. Rose wouldn't a─

SMACK

The loud noise brought me back. Rose was patting Edward's head while Tenebris was knocked out behind her.

"Now don't you listen to a word he says Edward," she told him glaring at the Darkling's twitching figure "He's not my boyfriend just a very dear friend of mine that so happens to be a boy."

A wave of relief washed over my entity. I've never been so relieved in my life. Even so, it's not like I can have her now.

Rose's POV

Tenebris was still lying like a corpse behind me. I scoffed, "How long do you plan to lay there like the idiot you are?"

And just like that, the sprang to life.

"I am not AN idiot Rose, I'm YOUR idiot, " he cheekily told me.

"You wish," I said giggling.

I spent the rest of the time afterwards answering questions until a specific one had risen.

"Rose?"

"Yes, Orchid?"

She fiddled with her hand seeming quite nervous.

"Orchid you know you can ask me anything. No need to be nervous."

"I know, " she stuttered "It's just that I was curious about him," she said point his way "How did you meet Link's shadow?"

I went back to the depths of my mind to think about our unplanned meeting.

"It's kind of sad actually, I almost died that day."

A series of gasp could be heard.

"What happened Rose?"

"Well, little Eddy, I'm going to tell you a story. The story of how my enemy became a friend."

Flashback

The clock had struck twelve and I was already on my way to see Lily. I couldn't wait to see her since I hadn't at all last week. Aunt Amaryllis had come and I had to stay for her etiquette lessons. I love Aunty, but I can't ignore my guardian.

As I was running to our "hideout" just like the graceful lady I was, I ran straight into something hard. I stumbled a bit when I realized, I had run into another person, a boy it seemed. He was a couple of inches taller than me and robed with a black cloak with ruby red eyes staring straight at me. I could faintly distinguish silver hair from under his hood. I was frightened but refused to show it.

"I'm very sorry for running into you. I was in a hurry," I said bowing repeatedly.

He stayed quiet and took a step forward.

"Excuse me, but I have somewhere to be."

I tried walking past him, but he held my hand. His eyes were locked with mine examining every little part of my soul or at least that's what it felt like. In an instant, I was pinned to a tree.