Halloween Special!

Start from the beginning

Sato stared at them with worry.

Then Shanks pulled away and snickered for a moment before trying to pull a stern face. "No, Mitsu. We can't have Sato walk the plank." Clearly the man was trying to hold in his laughter, as his face was turning red and his lips kept twitching up.

Sato's eyes widened as he looked at Mitsu. "You were gonna try to kill me?!"

Mitsu crossed her arms and looked away, "I didn't say that."

A knock to the door turned Shank's attention away. Standing up he went to answer the door. Upon seeing the blue haired boy, Shanks gasped dramatically as he acted scared.

"Oh no! Sato, we gotta run!" He shouted dramatically, running to his nephew, who let out a ring of giggles as he was lifted into his uncle's arms. "The marines are here!" Then Shanks ducked behind Mitsu, who had her arms crossed as she rose an eyebrow at both red heads. "Protect us, oh so gracious angel!"

Makoto couldn't stop the small giggle that left his lips. Indeed he was dressed up as a marine. Though most of the outfit was fake, the hat on his head was real. It was said to belong to his mother, and he wore it proudly.

Mitsu looked over both Shanks and Sato. "I can only be gracious enough to protect one pirate. Sato, you must sacrifice yourself." Her voice was void of emotion as she waved her hands around as if casting some spell. "Rest in piece, Sato. Shanks will continue to live on."

"That's cold." Sato frowned, "You're supposed to be my guardian angel, you are my sister after all."

"I abandoned you after you made this choice." Mitsu shrugged, looking down at her outfit. Then she looked back at Shanks, who had placed Sato back on the ground. "Can we go now?"

...............................................

Makoto was hesitant. His grandparents had allowed him to go with the twins, but he had left out the detail that he was going to go on an actual pirate ship. He didn't even mention the fact that Red Haired Shanks was there, since he knew they would very likely not allow him to go.

However trick or treating wasn't an option for the twins. That had been shown years ago, and the family of red heads had stopped trying last year. Anyone that saw the family would turn off their lights and refuse to let the twins even attempt to knock. Which was why Shanks now made a trip to the island and instead led an adventure for the twins, where they would find treasure (candy) and it lead to the ship, where the rest of his crew remained and they would take the ship out a little a ways.

This year was the first year Makoto was going with them. While he was excited for it, he was also worried his grandfather would jump out and scold him for even thinking of stepping foot on a pirate ship. He could just imagine the trouble he would get into for this.

"Do you guys see that?" Sayomi questioned, pointing towards a glowing 'X' mark on a large tree trunk.

"I bet it's treasure!" Both Sato and Mitsu exclaimed, running towards the tree.

Sayomi chuckled, then looked down at Makoto, who had not run after the two twins. "Hmm? Aren't you gonna look too?"

"Oh... um.." Makoto stammered, his face heating up as he shuffled his feet awkwardly.

Shanks grinned, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "I bet he's just waiting for the big treasure! Every good marine waits for the best opportunity. Just like every pirate goes for every treasure without hesitation."

Makoto glanced up at the pirate Captain. He had heard terrible stories of the man before him. However, he had only heard good from the twins. He had only seen good with his own two eyes as well.