Sensationally Sweet

Author's Note: This is Wesly. (Donny's group) 😌😋

Chapter 21

Amber

I woke up early the next morning and jogged outside. Sweat trickled down my body as I kept a fast, steady pace. I took a cold shower after and did my chores. I jammed to music as I swept and mopped the floor and sanitized my room. During the night, just as I turned on the television, my phone rang. The caller ID showed Reece's name.

"Hey."

"Hey, Amber. Kim told me you volunteered at the animal shelter yesterday," Reece greeted happily. "Thank you so much. I really needed those hours."

"You're welcome. And I actually enjoyed it."

She giggled over the phone. "I would've felt so bad if you didn't."

"So, how's your vacation?" I asked. "What state are you in?"

"I'm in Alaska right now. It's so cold but I love it. And it's so beautiful here.

Guess who I'm starting to have a crush on?"

I smiled. "Who?"

"Jayko Lamore."

My eyebrows raised. "No way. Really?"

"Yes!" she beamed. "I think he likes me, too, but he's not really making any moves yet. We've been texting a lot lately, though."

"Well, if he's talking to you a lot then most likely he likes you," I told her. "I don't think a guy would waste his time if he wasn't interested."

"That's so true," she said. "But what should I do? Should I ask him out or wait for him to ask me out?

Kim said I should be bold and ask him out already but I'm super nervous to do that."

For a moment, I thought about her situation. I remembered Jayko saying to me that he liked some girl, but he thought she wouldn't date a guy like him. Was he referring to Reece? It was very hard to tell.

"It's all up to you, to be honest. Do what you think is right. But in my opinion, maybe you should wait a little. Jayko looks shy but I don't think he's that, that shy. I think he'll ask you out soon."

"Thanks for the advice. I'll use it to my advantage." I sensed her smile. "How's everything going with you?"

"It's—"

The doorbell rang, stopping me mid-way. I frowned. Who could be visiting me at the night? My mother left to work and she had the keys—it couldn't be her. And it couldn't be Kim either because she usually visited me during the day. Was it Aiden who rang the bell?

"Reece, I'll call you back. Someone is at the door."

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and got off my bed. I made my way downstairs—pulled the front door open. The cold air gushed inside the warm house, shivering me. Standing outside my porch, dressed in a black leather jacket, and loose, ripped, black jeans was Donny. His eyes blazed with a burning desire to be here... to be with me. And I instantly regretted pushing him away. His worthy gaze made me feel bad for him because we both knew we were hurting inside.

Oh God.

Why, in the past few days, was I acting like I didn't care about him anymore? When in reality, I did care... a lot...

But the people around him just... ugh... The people around him were trying to interfere with what we had.

"I want to talk to you," he said. "Can I come in?"