Dinner

Author's Note: That's the photo Kim sends her for the color meaning. 💞Comment which color is your favorite. 🎨

Chapter 43

Amber

"I thought you were going out with Donny?" my mother said the next morning. "What's all this changing with Aiden? Do you know him well?"

We were in the kitchen. My mother had never really woken up early, but this time she did—and I had bumped into her before I could leave for school.

I sighed and grabbed a snack from the top cabinet. I wasn't that hungry today and I wasn't so happy when my mother asked me personal questions like that. My life was a mess. How was I supposed to answer?

"Yes, mom. I do."

"What happened with Donny? Why are you not with him?"

Oh God...

"We left each other."

It stung a little to say that—but I ignored those feelings for him and moved on. I couldn't be confused anymore. I just had to pick already. And I chose Aiden.

Aiden is my final decision.

"Sweetie, why? You guys were so good together."

"It's a long story," I said. "And I really don't want to talk about it now."

I opened my snack bag and took a bite. She nodded in response.

"So, how long have you and Aiden known each other?"

My mind traveled back to the first time I met Aiden. I remembered it was around September time when Kim and I went to Heather's mansion party—that was when I first met him—and that was about 5 to 6 months ago.

"For a while now," I answered. "And if you give Aiden a chance, you'll like him, too."

She released a stressful sigh and folded her arms. "Well, if he's Kim's cousin, I imagine he's a nice guy," she said. She then frowned a little. "But something about that guy. I think I have to get to know him better."

I finished my snack and crumpled the wrapper—threw it in the trash. "I have to go to school. I'm gonna be late," I said.

"Okay, sweetie. Love you."

"Love you, too."

Marky

I walked into class early today. Nobody was in the classroom except for Mr. Caro. He was too busy filling out some papers to notice me standing in front of his desk.

Look, you idiot.

"What do you want, Mr. Nataz?" he said in a boring, monotone voice.

He didn't look up at me yet and I wanted him to in order for my next prank to work.

"I have the money for this month," I said.

Mr. Caro dropped his pen and lifted his eyes up to mine. He extended his hand, and I stashed the cash on his palm.

"I'll mark you with an A this month," he informed.

"Thank you."

After stuffing the money in his wallet, he grabbed his pen and went back to work. I lingered by the desk waiting for him to look up again.

"Is there anything else you need?" he questioned.

"Yeah. Umm..." I flattened my hands against his desk and leaned forward. My black medallion slipped out of my white tank top, dangling freely around my neck. If he could just look at it for one second, the spell would be put into motion.