#18 Heart Of Glass (Winchesters x Sister!Reader)

Summary: Y/N is Sam and Dean Winchester's younger half sister. She kept her diagnosis a secret from her neglectful brothers for three years, until an unexpected event reveals the truth.

Pairing: Winchesters x Sister!Reader

___

The bottle weighed heavy in her hands. It wasn't necessarily the pills themselves that were heavy in her palm, rolling around in the orange plastic bottle, but the lies and the secrets within them.

She had Long QT syndrome, a heart condition that can cause her heart to beat abnormally fast, leading to fainting spells or seizures. Diagnosed at fifteen, she had lived her life for three years, the secret of her diagnosis kept from her older brothers.

She was their half sister, the bastard of the family. They had found out about her ten years ago, taking her in only because they felt obligated to after her mother was killed by a demon. They never truly treated her like a Winchester, much less a sister. They didn't know her, didn't care to. Their father had decided to have a summer fling, producing a child that he didn't want, so why should they? Dean always has had an ill outlook towards her. Sure, the brothers were civil to their younger sister. And as the years went on, they couldn't help but warm up to her kind and caring nature. But she wasn't their mother's child, just another reminder that she was dead and John had moved on.

Not saying that the brothers don't love her. Because they do, she's their sister. But the bond they had between them had never stretched to her, and they had a hard time accepting her for a long time, still not truly thinking of her as a Winchester. She didn't have full blood, and it was something that had made them skittish of her in the first place, skeptical. Not quite reaching out to her.

She knew it was true. She'd remember times she'd be hurt, or something exciting would happen at school, but they'd simply shrug her off, not to be bothered by her child's talk. They'd forget her at bars sometimes, dragging her to them after hunts. They'd forget to pick her up from school, the library, accidently leave her at diners fifty miles behind them. When they'd leave for hunts, they sometimes would forget to leave her food money, let alone tell her that they were leaving.

So she kept the secret to herself. The condition could be fatal, but she didn't think much of it. The case itself was rare, let alone people dying from it. It was easy to hide her fainting from her brothers. It wasn't like they paid much attention to it anyway.

At eighteen, it was easier to get medications and a job. She no longer had to forge signatures or set up special cardiac appointments in her brothers' names. As an adult, she had complete control over her medical issues and finalities.

And she also had the choice of staying with a family who never truly considered her theirs.

She sighed, looking at her reflection in the mirror. Tilting her head a bit, she raised her hand to her short cropped hair that hung just above her shoulders. It was a rich H/C, shiny and ironed straight. The color made her E/C eyes pop, long lashes laying on high cheeks, the lightest of freckles scattered across her S/C skin, a set of bow shaped lips making her look like the word innocent. She had grown into a beautiful young woman, having moved past the awkward teenage years. Her brothers, of course, rarely noticed the change. They'd make rude comments no matter how she looked.

"You almost done?" Dean's fist banged on the door a few times, making her jump. She bit her lip, setting down the bottle.

"Uhm... Yeah," She said. "Why don't you guys head out? It's right across the street. I'll meet you there."

The sound of the motel room door closing made her shoulders slump. They couldn't have the decency to reply?

Opening the door, she walked out into the room, rummaging through her small bag for an even smaller one, plucking the floral designed pack from the neatly arranged clothes. She made her way back to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She scowled at the pills, opening it.