#3 Tuesday's Gone (Dean x Reader)

Pairing: Dean x Reader

Summary: Dean leaves Y/N

___

Train roll on, on down the line,

Won't you please take me far away?

Now I feel the wind blow outside my door,

Means I'm leaving my woman behind.

Tuesday's gone with the wind.

My woman's gone with the wind.

"Can we talk about this? Please?" She pleaded. Her heart hammered against her chest, tears flowing down her cheeks as she watched the man she loved pack his bag.

"No," Dean answered. He kept up the facade, keeping his true emotions hidden behind a mask of bitterness and solemnity. He couldn't do it anymore. He loved her, and it scared him to death. He knew that if he stayed with her, she'd end up hurt, or worse. He wouldn't take that chance. No matter how much it hurt, Dean had to do this. To keep her safe.

"I don't understand," Y/N cried. "What did I do? We were so happy yesterday. Please, we can work this out. I love you."

Dean's heart cracked at those words. She wouldn't stop, she'd fight for him. He hated this, so much. What he was about to say would be unforgivable. He choked down his own tears, took a deep breath and lied with a stone cold exterior.

"I don't love you. I don't know if I ever did."

And I don't know where I'm going.

I just want to be left alone.

Well, when this train ends I'll try again,

But I'm leaving my woman at home.

Y/N's breath hitched in her throat. Every word felt like a knife to the heart. The look in his eyes was harsh and dead serious. She believed every word coming out of his mouth, why wouldn't she? He never gave her a reason to doubt him before.

Dean truly thought breaking her heart would be the best bet. He thought that if she detested him, it'd be easier for her to heal.

With his words looming in the air, he zipped up his duffle bag and walked to the door. He turned to look at her one last time, looking her up and down before settling on her Y/E/C eyes. He tried taking a mental picture, knowing this would be the last time he ever saw her.

She looked broken. Tear stains down her cheeks and a dismal look in her eyes. Before his mask broke, he hardened his features and slung the bag over his shoulder.

"Goodbye, Y/N," He said.

Tuesday's gone with the wind.

My woman's gone with the wind.

Dean's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles white with strain. He finally let his guard down, allowing his true emotions to be let through the flood gates. He couldn't control the tears streaming down his face or the anger he felt bubbling deep within him. He didn't try to control it. He just let it happen.

He let out a growl of rage, bringing his fists down on the wheel. He never felt this muddled. He was angry, sad, frustrated and guilty all rolled into one jumble of emotion.

He knew he'd regret this. Hell, he already did. A gaping hole had already begun to form in his heart, the longing to have her by his side strong. But he knew that if he stayed, she'd end up dead. Just like everyone else in his life.

Train roll on many miles from my home,

See, I'm riding my blues away.

Tuesday, you see, she had to be free

But somehow I've got to carry on.

Dean was despondent, but deep down he knew that Y/N was now safe. She had talked about leaving hunting in the past, staying only because Dean couldn't quit. But now she could. She could be free.

Dean was the one who would have to carry the guilt of leaving her on top of the hunting lifestyle. His healing would consist of alcohol and killing the evil sons of bitches that plague the Earth.

He knew it was the easy way out. The easy way to keep her safe. He knew he probably should have fought instead of leave. That his decision was one of a coward. But he wouldn't risk it.

So he continued down the lonely highway. The sleek, black metal of the Impala shining under the full moon's light, the rain pelting the outside world. He continued into the night, leaving behind the only woman he ever truly loved. And it was because he loved her that he couldn't stay.

Tuesday's gone with the wind.

My woman's gone with the wind.