Chapter Seven: The Proposal and Drunken Brides

Start from the beginning

   However before I had a chance to catch that damn dog he got up and raced away toward the living room. Chance came rushing down stairs and saw me just getting up while urging the guys to go into the room and talk to Val to keep her busy. Reluctantly they did and then I quickly ran up to Chance.

“Where the hell is he?” Chance asked anxiously.

“The living room!” I whisper screamed.

“Hey there Maxxie what do you have there?” We heard Val ask.

Peering around the corner we saw Val reaching for the box in his mouth and Chance sighed sadly, “I don’t want her to find out yet…”

Clenching my jaw I sighed, “You so owe me Chance.” Throwing up my hands I took a deep breath, “VAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!” I screamed while running full speed toward her.

   Everyone’s eyes were on me as I completely flying tackled her off of the couch and away from Max. I heard Chance give a sharp whistle which Max gladly ran off to him. Hearing the brides laughing made me want to crack a smile too but I had to keep it together at the moment.

   Throwing my arms around my stunned cousin I hugged her tightly. “Vallie I missed you so much! Why don’t you wake me up anymore? Do you know how painful it is to have to wake up to Chance’s face every morning?” I fake cried into her shoulders. In the background there was a protest of ‘Hey!’ but no one heard it over the laughter.

   “Get off of me! What the hell has gotten into you?” Val yelled while pushing me off of her. I pouted and then stood up looking all offended. Val looked up at me and then her face softened, “Sen I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

“No, I think you did.”

“Senna-”

“Forget it I’m leaving.”

   I pretended to storm out of the room and as soon as they thought I was stomping up the stairs I made a quick detour to the kitchen where Chance was sitting in the floor with a hand over his mouth; trying hard to not laugh. Tears were flowing from his eyes and Max was wagging his tail at me.

  Sitting down next to him I grinned before giving him a high five. He gladly returned the gesture and then we looked at the slimy felt box in Chance’s hand. All of that commotion and stuff because of a stupid ring. “You so owe me.” I muttered as I went over to the fridge and got out the cool-aid. Pouring two cups I gave one to Chance and then took a sip from my cup.

   “Really, I don’t think I could thank you enough. Your insane crazy bitch tackle was great by the way.” He took a sip from his cup while I had to spit my mouthful back into my cup before it choked me. I couldn’t help the silent chuckles that racked my body so hard that I had to put my cup down.

   It was true; my insane crazy bitch tackle was great because no one ever expects it. Shaking my head I then managed to get my breathing under control. Picking my drink up before Max had a chance to stick his nose into it I glared at him for a moment before taking a sip out of it.

“So I hope you’re going to propose to her today.” I started.

“Yeah I was thinking about it. Do you mind?”

“Why the hell would I mind? I just insane crazy bitch tackled her for that ring. I’d be insulted if you didn’t propose to her today.”

“Cool. So I was thinking about four we would head out to the park. Can you be there fifteen minutes early?”

“Course. Now I’d better go and get ready for all of this.”

“Alright and make sure that we have a camera.”