Chapter40

(A/N: Press play and read )

Julia's POV

I got up and pulled my skirt back down while Tom pulled his pants up. I ran a hand through my messy hair, attempting to fix it a little because even if I couldn't see myself, I was sure I looked like an actual mop.

"How about you stay with me tonight ?", Tom offered, hugging me from behind as I tried to remove some wrinkles from my clothes. He then left a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"Not tonight. I'm tired", I kindly declined before stepping away from his embrace.

"Me too. I don't really see the connection anyway", he said, stepping closer to me. "I just like waking up beside you and having breakfast with you. I enjoy all these simple little things of everyday life better when you're with me. Besides, we haven't really been spending much time together lately."

"Please, just...not tonight", I turned to face him.

"Why ?", he asked, briefly shaking his head in an 'I don't understand' kind of way. "Have I done something ? You've been sort of...avoiding me lately."

"Is what we've just done what you call avoiding someone ? ", I sarcastically demanded, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You know that's not what I mean Lia. Sex isn't the only thing I wanna have with you. The thing is we haven't been seeing eachother as often as usual lately and strangely you ďon't seem to care about it. Actually, if it hadn't been for me to come to your place a few times, I think we wouldn't have seen eachother at all besides here because you obviously wouldn't have come to see me by yourself. We also had that argument yesterday which didn't help either I guess." He paused for a moment before adding, "I feel like I'm always the one asking for some time together. You never do anymore, it's like you don't wanna do anything with me anymore."

"Didn't we just do something together a few minutes ago ?", I retorted, wanting to put an end to that discussion as soon as possible. Although I didn't let it show, his words had pained me because I knew he was right. He was completely wrong thinking that maybe I didn't want to do anything with him anymore though. But when you're worrying about something, you don't exactly feel like going out and stuff with anyone.

"Are we only friends with benefits or what ?", he glared at me, visibly annoyed. Well, I probably would've been annoyed as well if it had been the other way around. "You know perfectly well what I'm talking about so stop messing with me."

I lowered my head and looked at the floor beneath me, not saying a single word. Not that I would've had an idea of what to say anyway.

"Is something bothering you ?", he continued in a calmer tone, his facial expression softening. I quickly shook my head no, not wanting to admit something was indeed bothering me, simply because said something was actually the possibility of me currently being pregnant with his child.

"Come on, I can tell you're lying. There's something you're not telling me, I can feel it", he stated, obviously not believing me. Well, it wasn't surprising considering how well he knew me. "You know you can talk to me. We may have become more than that, I'm still your friend." He cupped my cheek, slowly lifting my head up to make me look at him. "You know, I understood I had strong feelings for you a long time ago, a very long time before eventually saying it out loud. And the main reason why I kept it to myself is because I was affraid it would ruin what we had in a way or another. Our friendship was so precious to me back then, and it still is now. I still wanna be your best friend baby."

Tears filled my eyes at what he had just said. I didn't confess my feelings for him earlier for the exact same reason so I could perfectly relate. If only he knew how much I wanted to confide in him. He was the person I trusted the most in the world and even though he was now my lover, I still considered him as my all time best friend. But this time, I just couldn't tell him what my problem was. Or at least not yet.

"You are baby. You are", I whispered, bringing my hand to his face to gently stroke his cheek. I then wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him as tight as I could, attempting to show him how important he was to me and also how much I loved him. It didn't take long for him to hug me back.

"I've changed my mind. I wanna stay with you tonight", I spoke as we pulled away from the hug, smiling genuinely at him.

♡♡♡

The next morning, I once again woke up with that damn need to throw up. Tom was still sleeping peacefully underneath me, his lips slightly parted as he snored a little. I managed to get out of the bed without disturbing his deep slumber. I tiptoed out of the bedroom before literally running to the bathroom. Locking the door behind me, I quickly got on my knees, holding onto the toilet seat as I began vomiting. I tried my best to be quiet, but I suppose it unfortunately wasn't enough because barely a few minutes later, I heard knocks on the door.

"Julia ? Are you alright ?", Tom asked in a still sleepy voice.

"Uh...yeah", I assured him, hoping he would just leave now and let me puke in peace.

"You sure ?", he asked again.

"Yeah. I'm perfectly f-...bleeeuuurrrggghh." The vomiting cut me off. Great, all my chances not to have him worryng about me were now definitely gone. Here was one of the reasons why I didn't want to spend the night with him : I knew I would be nauseous in the morning just like pretty much every single morning these past few weeks, and I didn't want him to witness that.

"What-what's happening baby ? Let me in !"

"No Tom, I'm fine", I lied, rolling my eyes at his painful insistence. Of course I wasn't fine, I felt like I was dying to be honest. "Leave me the fuck alone", I whispered to myself as he kept on knocking on the door. I ignored him and stayed locked up in the bathroom until I finally felt better. Well, more like until I felt I was done vomiting because I wasn't at full strength when I eventually came out.

After almost an hour spent reassuring Tommy about my condtion, I hopped into the shower. The cool water washed over me and I got lost in my thoughts once again. I suddenly realized something : I couldn't carry on like that. I couldn't go on and on pretending everything was fine any longer because it was not. I was either pregnant or seriously ill, anyways something was obviously wrong with me and I needed to find out what it was. I had to stop lying to myself. I was gonna buy a pregnancy test today.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

This story is slowly coming to an end. Well, not really because there are still quite a lot of chapters to come but what I mean is I pretty much figured out how it's gonna end and what's gonna happen in the following chapters.