Chapter 29

Tom's POV

"What ? W-what do you mean she knows ?", Julia asked, her eyes wide open as she started pacing back and forth in the room.

"Well, she managed to find herself all alone with Doug. She pretended she knew about us so he fell for it and didn't deny it. He figured you ended up telling her while you were staying with her or something", I explained, sitting on the bed behind me. "But relax baby, Judy said she would keep it to herself."

Running a hand through her hair, Lia finally stopped pacing and walked towards me before sitting on the bed as well. I began rubbing her back to calm her. There was no real need to be that upset. Judy kind of set Doug up today to make him acknowledge Lia and I were indeed together. I mean, romantically. I have no idea how she figured it all out, but apparently she did, she just needed someone to confirm she was right. And that someone happened to be Doug. Honestly, I didn't really care, I was fed up to hide like that anyway. I mean, it was not like we were doing anything wrong, so I didn't really see why we had to keep our relationship a secret. The only problem was, for some reason, Lia didn't seem to agree with me on that. 

"Fuck", she shouted all of a sudden making me jump in surprise. I suppose since Harry had gone to the grocery store and wasn't here yet, she figured she could let her anger out. However I still didn't understand why she was reacting like that. I was beginning to feel sort of offended actually. 

"Look, why is it that big of a deal anyway ?", I asked, a little annoyed by her overreaction.

"I just don't want them to know !", she yelled at me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Are you ashamed of me or what ?", I spat, pissed about her and the whole drama thing.

Lia then looked at me with an expression of utter shock plastered all over her face, as if she couldn't believe what she had just heard.  She remained silent so I questioned again, more calmly this time, but serious

"Are you ashamed of us ?"

"Of course not", she whispered, her trembling voice barely audible. Her brown orbs were beautifully glistening in the dim light of the bedroom due to the tears she was holding back. She brought her hand to my cheek, staring deeply into my eyes before adding, "Listen to me. I love you more than anything in the world Tom. I'm so in love with you, so deeply and madly in love, that sometimes it scares me. It scares me because I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to live without you in my life anymore. I never felt anything similar before. Not ever. And I don't wanna lose it. It's all so new that sometimes I just don't know how to deal with it. I don't know how to protect what we have. I think a part of me believes the only way to protect it is to keep it a secret."

I suddenly felt like actual shit. I basically accused her to be ashamed of me when in fact... 

Well, she genuinely loved me. I really felt bad for what I said, and I felt even worse because it made her cry. 

"I'm so sorry babygirl", I muttered against her hair after wrapping my arms around her to pull her in a tight embrace. 

"We can make it official if you want. I don't care. I swear I don't care Tom. You're the only one I care about", she lifted her head up to face me.

"No, it's okay. You're right, we have plenty of time to do so. As long as you are with me, I don't give a shit whether people know about us or not. I love you Lia. I love you so much baby."

Bringing her lips to mine, she started kissing me. Slowly at first, then more intensely.

Harry's POV

"I'm back guys", I yelled, managing to close the door behind me despite all the bags I was carrying. 

No response. Tom and Julia were probably still where they were when I left, in her room. She seemed not to be feeling that well these past few days. I mean, she spent most of her time in bed sleeping. She wasn't even up when Tom showed up earlier, that's why I suggested that he goes see her in the bedroom so she wouldn't have to get up. She really looked tired and it got me worried at some point, even though she kept saying she was fine.

Walking into the kitchen, I started putting the groceries away when I remembered Lia had asked me to bring her some shampoo since she was running out of it. Grabbing the bottle, I walked towards her room to hand it to her. The door was half closed so I knocked lightly on it before pushing it open.

"Julia, here's the-", I stopped mid-sentence, left speechless at the sight of Tom and Lia passionately kissing on the bed, her body underneath his. 

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

+1 person who knows 😁