Chapter 13

Julia's POV

I woke up the next morning to the pleasant smell of fresh coffee. I opened my eyes, wincing at the bright light that was only making my headache worse.

"Damn hangover" I muttered to myself, holding my head and grimacing in pain as I struggled to sit up. Exhausted, nauseous, I was feeling absolutely terrible. I took a look around me, wondering for a second why I was on Tom's couch and not in my bed. Then my mind flashed back to the previous night and I recalled everything : the case, the club, me getting wasted, the make-out session in the backseat of the Mustang...

"Shit" I cursed under my breath, burying my face in my hands as images of Hanson between my legs came flooding back. I didn't even remember how he'd ended up there in the first place but I was most definitely not planning on asking him. I just wanted to forget about it and pretend nothing had ever happened. Well, not that much had happened anyway. I mean, we just kissed a couple times. No big deal.

"Morning sleepyhead" Tom's raspy morning voice suddenly pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Morning" I replied, spotting him in the kitchen. Ignoring the sharp pain in my head, I forced myself off the couch and slowly made my way over to where he was. I was greeted with a kiss on my cheek as soon as I reached him.

"Did you sleep well ?" he asked, briefly looking at me before returning his eyes to whatever was cooking in the pan. "I actually wanted you to take the bedroom last night but you insisted on sleeping on the couch."

"Well, I already felt bad for being such a mess you had to take me to your place, I didn't want to steal your bed too" I responded, scratching at my scalp. "But I was just fine on the couch, don't worry."

"I see" he smiled adorably, causing my heart to skip a beat. I must have looked at him for a whole ten seconds without even blinking.

"You hungry ?" he spoke again after a moment, and I had to shake my head to clear it to actually be able to answer.

"Uh...not really. I think I'll just have some coffee" I said, following him to the table and settling down on a chair. "Oh and...do you have painkillers by any chance ? 'Cause my head is killing me."

"Sure" he nodded once before going to the bathroom to come back a minute later with a small box of pills "Here you go."

"Thanks."

♡♡♡

The breakfast table was pretty silent. As usual, Tom was reading a newspaper while sipping his coffee and since I didn't want to break his morning routine or anything, I just picked a magazine out of the huge pile in front of me and began flipping through it, occasionally stealing glances at the very handsome man sitting across from me. 

My gaze slowly travelled over his face. He looked so focused on what he was reading. I carefully studied every feature, his pouty lips, small nose, the way his brow was furrowed in concentration, the strand of hair that was falling across his left eye, his high cheekbones, the tiny beauty marks on his skin...

 I carefully studied every feature, his pouty lips, small nose, the way his brow was furrowed in concentration, the strand of hair that was falling across his left eye, his high cheekbones, the tiny beauty marks on his skin