Chapter 16

(A/N : Play the video and read) 

Tom's POV

I woke up, yawning. I took a quick look at my surroundings before remembering the events. I must have fallen asleep after Lia and I made love earlier. Apparently she had as well. She was still sleeping peacefully on me, snoring slightly yet adorably every now and then. I couldn't help but smile at her sight.  Her silky  hair was all messy.

It was kind of tickling me as her head was resting on my chest, but I didn't care I wouldn't move

It was kind of tickling me as her head was resting on my chest, but I didn't care I wouldn't move. I didn't want to wake her up, I didn't want this moment to end. I wanted it to last forever. Everything felt so perfect, almost too perfect to be real. I could have stayed watching her sleeping like that for the rest of my life. She was so beautiful. 

After studying her perfect features for a while, I noticed she had placed one of her hands right over my beating heart. I knew she probably hadn't done it on purpose, but still, that was the cutest thing in the world. I reached out and gently  placed my hand on top of hers.

I started drawing small circles and little heart shapes over it with my thumb

I started drawing small circles and little heart shapes over it with my thumb. I slowly began to realize I liked this girl a lot, a lot more than I should actually. I mean, I always knew I cared for her, and I also knew I kind of fancied her for quite a long time now, but in reality, it was way more than that. 

It had to be. 

Why else would I have felt that way when I was making love to her ? What could that feeling of my stomach being tied up in knots mean ? Well, even if a part of me didn't want to admit it, even if everything would get more complicated because of it, I couldn't help what I was feeling and I had to be honest with myself. I loved Lia. I was in love with her. 

I kept staring at her pretty face, lost in my thoughts. While massaging her scalp softly, I tried to imagine what it would be like if we became a thing. I started picturing us going out on a date, living together, waking up everyday in each other's arms, cuddling while watching a movie, going to the grocery store together,  adopting a dog, buying a house, getting married, having children. I caught myself smiling like a fool.  I shook my head, suddenly aware of how dumb it all sounded, espacially when Julia most likely didn't even give a shit about me. Okay we had sex together but it probably meant nothing.  Perhaps she would even regret it after waking up, who knew ? So I really had to get back down to earth and stop imagining things. 

Yawning sounds snapped me out of my thoughts and back to reality. I lowered my gaze to see Julia stretching out. She sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Her brown orbs then met mine. 

"Hey", she uttered with a sleepy little voice, the ghost of a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. 

"Hey sleeping beauty", I told her with a playful smile, cupping her face with my right hand and caressing her cheek. 

She chuckled before elbowing me in the arm.

"OUCH", I cried out, pretending she had actually hurt me when in fact I barely even felt anything. 

We kept staring at each other for what seemed like forever, not a single word coming out neither of our mouths. An awkward silence settled down, causing the both of us to look down at our lap. I nervously rubbed the  back of my neck.

"Tom,  look..."

"Julia I..."

We spoke simultaneously, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"You go first", I chuckled slightly, trying to be polite by letting her speak first.

"Well...", she started, still looking down. She began playng with her fingers. I could tell she was nervous. I knew her well, she did that all the time when she was nervous. 

"Well ...", she paused." Urgh... I don't even know what to tell you", she laughed very slightly, looking up at me. 

I tucked a stray strand of her hair that had fallen in the way and  was hiding her beautiful face behind her ear. I then cupped her cheek, rubbing it gently with my thumb. 

"That... that was amzing", she said in a serious tone. 

I smiled kinda proudly at her statement. She rested her head on my shoulder and I left a kiss on her forehead. She  sat up again, searching for my eyes. We looked intently at each other, until she decided to close the distance between us. She leaned in very slowly, I could tell she was being hesitant.  I closed my eyes as she eventually pressed her lips onto mine, savouring the kiss. After we parted, she layed back down and cuddled up to me. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and started rubbing her arm soothingly. We remained silent, but this time  I didn't mind the lack of noise. It was a comfortable silence.

I was debating with myself on whether I should say something to her about what I had felt or not. Should I say out loud I was in love ? I was torn because a part of me needed to tell her, and the other part was terrified of her possible reaction. What if she made fun of me after I confess my feelings ? Besides, there were a lot to lose. I mean, our relationship would obviously never be the same after this, and our friendship could clearly get  completely ruined if she didn't feel the same way about me. But no matter how risky it was, I had to know. 

"Lia?", I cleared my throat.

She hummed and lifted her head up to see me.

"I think I...", I stuttered.

There was a short pause. 

"I love you Tom", she suddenly stated, out of nowhere. 

My jaw dropped. She really took me by surprise, it was almost hard to believe what I had just heard. 

"You do ?", I questioned, my eyes wide open. 

"Yes", she shyly murmured. "I've been suspecting it for quite a long time now, and I had the confirmation earlier when we..." She lowered her gaze again. "What I felt... I've never felt that way before, it was...magical. A part of me always knew it.  I can't deny it any longer Tom...I am in love with you. I'm madly in love with you."

My heart skipped a beat. I was left mute, unable to answer. As I didn't know what to say, I decided I would do something instead. I lifted her chin up and captured her lips with mine. Our tongues soon met and before I knew it, I ended up on top of her, leaving a tray of open mouth kisses from her jawline to her neck, slowly making my way down to her chest.

"Round 2 ?", she giggled.

"Round 2", I confirmed, my voice muffled against her skin. 

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

Hey  😀
I really hope you liked it because I honestly can't decide if it is shitty/useless af or if it's cute. I really have no idea what to think.
Anyway I have SO MANY ideas for the future chapters I just CANT wait to publish it. I even have an idea for a possible sequel...
Anyway what do you want to happpen next ?
Feel free to leave a comment!