Chapter 26

Julia's POV

"Take good care of her alright ?", Tom said, looking at Judy as he dropped my bags on the floor.

"Don't worry Hanson , everything's gonna be just fine", Judy retorted, rolling her eyes at his excessively protective attitude towards me.

"Okay I'm gonna go now or I'll end up being late", he took a quick glimpse at his watch before stepping closer to Judy and hugging her

"Bye Jude." He then turned to me. We stayed silent some time, neither of us knowing what to do or what to say to the other. For the two past months, there hadn't been a single day without us seeing each other. He visited me daily when I was in the hospital, he also picked me up the day I came out, and I hadn't left his side ever since. I had grown so used to his constant presence, I think it was an understatement to say it would be hard not to have him around everyday anymore. I felt like a little girl who didn't want to leave her mom for her first day of school.  Of course he was gonna visit me here, but it definitely wouldn't be the same. Besides, we wouldn't be alone which meant we had to give up  on the pet names, the cuddling, the kissing, let alone the sexual part. And it would be like that for the next three weeks.

I hated that he had to leave, I hated that I had to say goodbye to him. I hated it even more when I couldn't even properly say goodbye to him. I wanted to throw myself in his arms and kiss him passionately and tell him how much I loved him and...

Figuring Judy would end up getting suspicious if we stayed like that staring at each other any longer, I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in a tight embrace. 

"Take care", he murmured against my hair before letting go of the hug. "See you soon girls", he told us as he walked to the door Judy had now opened wild for him.

"Not too soon I hope", she jokingly answered. "Be a sweetheart and give us some space will you ?"

Tom only responded by making a face.

I giggled. He was so cute when he did that. He could be so childish sometimes, but I loved it. It was only one of the many reasons why I loved him so much I think.

I watched him leave, the door slamming shut behind him . I swear I already missed him. 

"It's so good to have you here Lia", Judy spoke as she carried my bags to the room I would be sleeping in. "I don't think I need to tell you that but make yourself at home", I heard her yelling from where she was. 

I made my way to the living room and walked closer to the window. Peeping through it, I noticed Tom's blue Mustang was still parked on the sidewalk where he had left it but he was nowhere in sight. I kept looking at the car until he finally appeared.  My heart started racing and an oppressing sensation invaded my chest, making it hard for me to breathe.  I suddenly became aware of the strength of my feelings for him and, for some reason, it frightened me.

"You must be relieved you finally got rid of Tom and the overprotective thing", Judy said as she walked into the living room."He's adorable but he's such a pain in the ass sometimes"

I laughed at her comment, still focused on what I was seeing through the window, or rather who I was seeing. I knew she was just kidding anyway.

"But you two look cute together", she spoke again.

 I didn't react,  way too concentrated on watching Tom pull off, on watching my baby go away from me, my eyes following until he had completely vanished. 

"Wanna drink something ?", I heard Jude ask from behind me.

"A coke please"

She went to the kitchen and came back with our drinks. Putting it down on the coffee table, she sat down on the couch.  I still hadn't moved from where I was standing. My gaze kept scanning whatever was going on outside even though I wasn't really paying attention to it. I was lost in my mind.

"Jude ?", I called after some time of silence.

"Hmm ?", she hummed, waiting for me to go on.

"Have you ever...been in love ?", I turned around to face her.

"Yes, I have", she responded. I turned around again so it was now my back that was facing her.

"Have you ever...been so in love...so madly and helplessly in love...that it...terrified you ?", I very hesitantly  asked again after a short pause. 

"What brougt this on ?", she curiously questioned. I turned once more to look at her. She was smiling wildly, showing her pearly white teeth. 

I realized at that very moment I had to end the conversation right now or she would end up figuring everything out in no time

I realized at that very moment I had to end the conversation right now or she would end up figuring everything out in no time. Jude was a smart girl and it wouldn't take  much time for her to put two and two together. 

"Oh...n-nothing. J-just asking", I stuttered, panicking.

Great job Julia. You just missed a chance to keep your mouth shut.

She gave me a skeptical look, but luckily didn't press the subject as I joined her on the couch.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

Any idea what's gonna happen next 😏 ?