Chapter 26

Evelyn's POV

I knocked again at his office door. I knew I wasn't thinking straight, I haven't even told Emily yet but I felt I had to talk to him about yesterday.
"Come in" came the harsh reply.
I quickly took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

Adonis' room was a mess. The only thing on his desk was a bottle of whiskey and his head.
At least I wasn't the only one who was affected.

"Good morning " I said trying get his attention.
"What?" he snapped with his head still on the table.
"We need to talk " I replied raising my voice.
"If it's about yesterday night, ' he started raising his head.
Please don't.... My heart won't be able to take it. I begged silently waiting for him to finish up.
' forget about it, it was... "
"A mistake " I completed too scared to hear what he was gonna say next. " You don't need to say it, I know and we should just forget about the kiss or what that was " I couldn't help myself.
He blinked rapidly with his mouth open.
"What! " I moved back a bit " I was gonna say that I'm sorry " That got me.
"Well, what's the difference?   " I asked with a raised brow.
"I'm sorry for everything I did yesterday, it was so unlike me, I lost control so I'm sorry, but it wasn't a mistake cos I don't regret any of it"
It was my turn to gape. What the heck...Does 'any of it' include the kiss..
"Including the kiss " he completed scratching his hair while maintaining eye contact with me.
"Are you drunk or what ? "
He shrugged " I'm being serious "
"Damn you Adonis Stephan Flame! You treat me like a piece of shit, pushing me away ever since I moved in with you, like I don't exist and all of a sudden, you tell that you don't regret kissing me. How do you expect me to feel?!"
"Please don't bring up the past, you weren't fair to me either when I moved in with you guys "
He said with a frown standing up.
"No! Let's settle this once and for all because I'm tired of this stupid game! You are the one who doesn't seem to want to let go of the past. I was bad to you back then, I agree but I've changed. I've spent every single day in this house trying to make you like me but no. You are so glued to the past that you want me to suffer till I break down " I angrily swiped the tears that were streaming down my face." You'd rather die than live with me. It wasn't my fault that the moon goddess decided to pair us up. Just tell me what you want already and quit playing games. Do you want me or not? " I finally asked with the last shred of courage I had, ready for whatever he was gonna say.

Third person POV

Adonis walked up to Evelyn and stood in front of her, mindful of her private space.
"It was my intention to make you suffer even worse than I did. When I discovered you were my mate, it was an opportunity I took. I guess I got carried away by my childish revenge and I forgot that I was hurting the only person I'm meant to spend my life with. I wanted to get rid of you by all means. Evelyn ' he said taking her hand 'I never thought I would be saying this but the days you spent here living with me has been the most eventful. you are the only person who could drive me insane just by dancing on my desk, having you as my secretary was fun and after kissing you last night, I realised against my will that I loved it. Drinking myself to stupor couldn't even change that. So I've decided that I want you. I want you Evelyn Anderson, with all your craziness and all, I want you "

Evelyn broke into watery laughter . She never dreamt about a day like this. Unable to control her emotions, she flung herself at him and hugged him tightly.
" I love you so badly " she whispered unconsciously hoping he didn't hear it. She wanted him to say the three letter words first.
He loosened himself from her grip and looked straight at her. The emotions that played on her face shocked him, it was like he was seeing her for the first time.

Evelyn's POV

"I'm sorry I forgot about Valentine's Day and I didn't get you a gift, but I was hoping that you would accompany me to Hawaii as my mate this time."
This better not be a dream moon goddess...
"I'd love to! " I squealed in excitement.
"One more thing, I.. love.. you too. I don't expect us to hit off immediately, but I'm willing to go through with this relationship and face what each day brings. That's if you're willing to go with me"
Can I just die right now?....Wait till Em hears this..
I pulled him to me by his collar and smashed my lips on his.
He lifted from the ground and made me sit on his desk as took over. He slid his tongue into my mouth as his hand moved up my exposed thigh. He soon left my mouth as he moved to my neck. He licked a spot close to my right shoulder and looked up at me, seeking for permission. This time, I didn't plan on stopping him.
"Bite me, Alpha "
"Not so fast, I remember you wrote you prefer me without a towel on " he said slowly.
" I ...didn't ..know what I was thinking when... I.. wrote that " I stammered with a tomato red face.
"Actually, I'm about to grant that wish " he concluded tugging at his buttons.
Oh dear......

El Fin🙍💖💗💘