Chapter 16

Picture of Emily at the top

Third person POV

Weeks passed and Evelyn got no closer to her goal. She refused all the ridiculous ideas Emily suggested. She could still remember each and every one of them; from seduction to stripping to pole dancing to forcing him into bed.
"Forcing! That's not even considerable " she had protested.
"Suite yourself baby girl, I would have done worse things if I were you. I've run out of ideas anyway"

She was currently standing on the balcony at the back of the house watching Oliver and Adonis fighting each other.
Oliver was shirtless with his pants tightly secure round his waist while Adonis was on a wet white singlet that stuck to his torso with brown shorts. She didn't know much about fighting nor did she care, but she unconsciously kept her eyes glued to her mate. Her unwavering gaze not missing anything; from his attractive legs she had never noticed before, his smooth biceps, his always serious but handsome face watching his beta to his perfectly tousled hair.
She couldn't believe this was the same guy that had lived with her for years, he had always so plain to her till the night of Nick's speech. Now things were different, there was always something about him she couldn't fathom that made him attractive to her, especially in those green orbs of his.
"Lovesick already? " Emily said from behind startling her.
"God Em! Don't do that again! " she scolded.
"Sorry. If you want him that much, my ideas are still there for you " she tried to persuade her.
"Thanks Em, but they are inconsiderable "
"Oh yeah? But you're gonna do them someday you know " she teased with a wink
"Shut up " Evelyn squeaked trying to hide the blush that immediately stained her cheeks with her palms.
"Gotcha! " Emily exclaimed bursting into laughter which wasn't left unnoticed.
Oliver and Adonis turned their heads to their direction. Oliver winked at Emily and she blew him a kiss while Adonis stared at Evelyn for a few seconds before turning away.
"Dear God, when is this gonna end? " she sighed inwardly.

Emily escorted Evelyn to her room intending to convince to act on her plans. She didn't like that her friend was acting innocent all of a sudden.
She perched on the table and watched as her friend rummaged through her purse and emerged seconds later with a pretty handmade bracelet.
"Cool, where did you get it? "
"Found it at home, hanging from a door knob. Strange right? "
"Sure. I've never seen you wearing it "
"I know, I always forget to put it on. It kinda reminds me of home, I think I'm gonna call Nick "
"Go on, I'll be in my room "
Evelyn nodded and replaced the bracelet in her purse, taking out her phone.
Her friend left the room shutting the door.

"Hi Nick"
"Hey Lil sis. What's up? " he asked lazily.
"Are you still in bed? "
"Yep"
"What kind of alpha are you? It's 11am."
"I'm on leave besides what do you expect from a guy who has a hot stuff sleeping beside him? "
"Leave? Wait don't tell me you are sleeping around " she whispered like there was someone else in the room.
"Nah, found my mate "
"What?! And you guys are already hitting off, lucky you. You didn't even tell me "
" We didn't hit off immediately, had to chase her for a week, sorry I didn't tell you "
"I hate you "
"Sorry, how about Adonis? "
"Drop the topic for now, I'll tell you later "
"If you say so. I'll call you later to apologize cuz my baby needs me now "
Baby?
"Ok. Make sure you bring her over "
"Sure thing. Bye sis, thanks for calling "
"No p. Bye bro "
She dropped the phone on her bed and laid back to catch a few winks.

~~~~~~~~~••••••~~~€€€€€¥¥¥¥££

Emily was in her shortest pink nightie waiting for her mate in their room.
She was currently playing with her fingers.
If she was going to bring Evelyn and Adonis together, she'd have to employ others. Her friend was beginning to act too holy for her liking. She wanted the crazy version of her friend back.

She heard the knob turn and she quickly prepared herself. She slid the left strap of the nightie off her shoulder and pushed her thick long red hair to the right shoulder.
Evelyn's gonna pay her back for all these, she promised herself.

Oliver walked into the room, oblivious of what was in store for him.
"Emy? Honey I'm back " she announced, dumping himself on the bed.
"I'm in the closet, be right with you " she answered.
Being a beta has it's benefits and a walk in closet is one of them.

He was unbuttoning his shirt when she walked out.
He froze, his hands temporarily forgetting what they were supposed to do with his eyes stuck to her body.
He had seen anything so short and revealing, all in the name of a night wear, looking like it's gonna hit the ground any minute. Her still wet hair drenching the upper part of the cloth, she was even on barefoot.

The room became stuffy for Oliver, too hot for his poor brain to function. Closing his eyes, he shook his head to clear it of its fogginess.

Emily was inwardly relieved, looking at her mate, she knew her plan was working.
They were yet to complete the mating process, he was yet to mark and mate. He had insisted that they wait for the right moment, he was still overladen with beta duties and she wouldn't want to force or seduce him to be with her, she wanted him to mark her of his own free will, whenever he was ready.

What the hell was she up to now?, he wondered.
He opened his eyes to eyes to find her standing right in front of him, his system returned to their chaotic state.
"Emily, I'm not.... "
"Shh, I know " she said placing her index finger over her lips while staring at her mate's eyes, pitch black with the lust he was fighting.
She started unbuttoning his shirt, placing her right knee on his laps.
"I need your help " she started slowly
"With what? " he asked in a husky voice.
"I want to bring Adonis and Evelyn together "
"Pardon? " he asked, his eyes returning to their normal color.
She quickly completed her button job and tossing his shirt on the bed, sat down beside him and placed her head on his well built arm.
"I don't know if you have noticed, but your alpha and his mate don't see eye to eye "
"I did notice "
"Well I want them back together "
"Were they ever together? " he asked giving her the 'duh' look.
"Okay smart ass, I want them together and I need your help "
"I'll love to help you, but I don't think we should meddle in their personal life.
She scoffed
"Personal eh? Well it's now public since we all know. It's not meddling, let's just say we are helping him do the right thing. "
"He's not gonna like this "
"And who's gonna tell him? This is our top secret, just the both of us and few others. "
"Few others? "
"Yeah, like Nick. "
"What of Evelyn? "
"She doesn't know about this, not yet anyway. "
"Emily, promise me that if this goes haywire, you'll stop"
" Cross my heart darling "
"What do you intend to do first? "
"I need to convince Nick, he doesn't know about this "
"I'll help you with that "
"Thanks a lot, why don't you call him " she squealed a lot excited that things were moving into place.
"I'll do that later " he said looking at her.
"Later? Why not now? " she asked in anticipation, looking up to him.
"That's because, Now I want to do this " he replied capturing her lips in a kiss.
Her lips were soft and slightly parted. They moved invitingly under his. His hand moved to her smooth neck, pulling her towards him as he deepened the kiss.

******************************

*coughs*
Got nothing to say..
Something's brewing.....
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter...
Don't forget to vote, comment and share....
Just wanted to try out third person point of view...