Chapter 13

It's been two days since the party  still in my parents' house. I have already given up hope of moving out, maybe he really did not want me.
Nick has been leaving the house on a daily basis attending alpha meetings and all, Mom, Dad took to shopping so they only come back in the evening and Emily was no longer in the pack. I was severely bored.
I bet no one was in the house now, but me.
I kept tossing and turning in my bed for hours, too bored to stay at home, but too lazy to get out. I really wished that Adonis would have pity on me and come take me, even if he doesn't like me. I would prefer anything to staying in this house.

Finally getting hungry, I rolled off the bed and landed on the ground with a thud.
"Ouch! "
Laziness can be a disease.
I slowly got out of bed and brushed me teeth.
I went downstairs to the kitchen still in my Winnie the Pooh PJs and grabbed  five slices of homemade bread. Placing them in a plate with a jar of peanut butter under my arm, I headed to the living room.

I flipped through the channels checking for something interesting. Nothing!
Nothing at all!
With a heavy sigh, I finally settled on an old Tom and Jerry show. I dropped the control and quickly applied the peanut butter on all the slices.
Sitting on the couch, eyes glued to the television, I quietly stuffed my mouth with the bread.

Ten minutes later.....

I was slowly licking the peanut butter with my index finger. I have no idea of what is happening on the TV, but I kept gazing at it.
The door opened immediately.
I thought it was locked.
"Who's there? " I asked scared.
I got no reply.
I clutched my jar tightly, waiting for the intruder to walk in.
Dad finally got in followed by Mom. I exhaled slowly.
"Hi Dad, hi Mom "
He nodded.
"Come in honey" Mom said looking past the door.
Who could that be?
"Eve honey, please come and help with the bags " She said to me.
I got up, clutching my jar absent mindedly and walked to door hoping the 'he' was who I thought he was.
I was right.
Adonis was busy struggling with shopping bags hanging from every angle. He looked so funny that I giggled.
He looked up and gave me a quick, but noticed check out.
I immediately felt self conscious.
I saw a faint smile tug at the corner of his lips but it quickly disappeared.
"I could use some help you know " he said referring to the bags.
"Sure " I said gently dropping the jar at the foot of the door.
I reached for the ones around his neck, I bet Mom left them there.
As I removed them, my fingers brushed against his neck. I felt tingles but I ignored them.
I was on tip toes, but I get the stupid handles over his head.
Disadvantages of being short.
"You need to bend, I can't remove  it " I said nervously, looking everywhere but his face.
He bent forward, leaning towards me.
My pulse rate quickened and I gently removed the bags with shaky hands, but without noticing how soft his hair was.
"Thanks " he said when I was done, randomly turning his head.
I nodded and went to the door.
At the door, I stumbled over the totally forgotten jar and lost my footing. I fell forward and landed on the ground with a thud.
"What the... " Adonis said from behind before he burst into laughter.
Pretending not to hear him, I got up and started picking the bags together with my pride, returning their contents back into them.

Adonis' POV

I was expecting her to tell her parents when she discovered that I'm her mate, I just wasn't expecting her to find out so soon.
I suspected she would attend the party, but not with Nick and not in the morning!
I also wasn't expecting the Luna to ask me for the day I planned on taking her in. I never planned on doing that.
I didn't even sleep the whole night. Nick kept pestering, begging me to come and take her soon. He said that he wants the whole house all to himself when his parents finally leave for their vacation.
I wasn't in support of the whole mate stuff, Evelyn and I just won't work whether the moon goddess likes it or not. At least that's what I believe.

I was on my way to meet Nick when I saw the alpha with the Luna. They were standing by the road with numerous shopping bags, looking stranded.
I pulled up in front of them and exited the car.
"Alpha, Luna"
"My baby! " the Luna exclaimed when she saw me.
Baby!
"You are a blessing, my husband's outdated car decided to embarrass us today. We've been waiting for over an hour for a miracle to happen and here you are. " She continued pulling me closer for a hug.
The alpha only shook his head.
They got in while I filled up the trunk with the bags.
I finally got in and started the car. The Luna was sitting next to me, leaving the alpha at the back.
I turned to check how he was faring and saw him leaning against the door with his legs fully stretched out on the seat.
He gave a thumbs up and I drove off.
Shopping with women is something else, I've heard.

Halfway through the journey, the Luna turned to me.
"You came for my Evelyn right? "
What?!
"Actually, I... " I tried to explain and she interrupted.
"That's so sweet! Perfect! In fact, we are leaving the day after tomorrow for Paris. Isn't that wonderful? " she asked beaming with smiles.
"Sure it is " I answered drily.
"That's my boy " the alpha patted me from behind.
What have I gotten myself into?

I stopped in front of the pack house. I got out of the car and held the door open for the Luna.
When she got out, I moved to the trunk.
I opened it and grabbed four bags. Two in each hands.
I was wondering how I would carry the rest of the bags when she came over.
"Let me help you with those " she said. I sighed in relief, but she wasn't thinking what I was thinking.
She removed the two bags in each hand and moved them to each arm, she added two more each before placing two in each hand.
"Those are not that heavy " She said indicating the ones on my arms.
I mentally scoffed, ignoring the comment.
Is she kidding me? My arms were already aching, but I wasn't going to say that.
There were still three bags more, I wondered where she would hang those. Maybe my ears.
She took the remaining three in the trunk and standing on tip toes, she hung them on my neck.
"Done! Am I not a genius? " she asked pulling my left cheek and left.
"She's a real genius" my wolf said with a chuckle.

I managed to make it past the car, my arms aching terribly. As I approached the door, I tried balancing the bags to allow me get past the door without any problems when I heard a giggle.
I looked up to see Evelyn in a funny looking PJ with a jar of some sort under her hair totally disheveled. She looked very funny.
This is a version of her I've never seen before.
A smile tugged at my lips, but I quickly banished it remembering the bags.
"I could use some help you know " I said referring to the bags.
"Sure " She said dropping the jar at the foot of the door.
She reached for the ones around my neck.
Seems like she read my mind, those were the heaviest.
As she removed them, I felt her fingers brushed against my neck.
Just a mistake, I said to myself ignoring it. 
"You need to bend, I can't remove  it " she said looking everywhere but at me.
Is she nervous? I really doubted that. Maybe she just doesn't want to look at me.
I know she hates me as much as I hate her.
I bent forward at her request waiting for the burden to be lifted off my shoulders.
"Thanks " I said when she was done, randomly turning my head.
I didn't get a reply and she went to the door.
I followed her.
At the door, she stumbled over what I don't know and lost her footing.
I was too over burdened to intervene.
She fell forward and landed on the ground with a thud.
"What the... " I said before I burst into uncontrollable laughter.
I know I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't help it.
She got up without a word and picked the bags, returning their contents back into them.
I was a bit surprised, but I didn't show.
I half expected her to yell at me or something.
I stopped laughing and got in, stepping over the jar. The Luna pinched me immediately.
"That's not how you treat your mate!" she whisper yelled.
How the hell am I supposed to treat an enemy who happens to be your mate.
I shrugged.
Dropping off the bags on the table, I turned to leave when the alpha stopped me.
"You came for your mate right? " he asked seriously.
I had long forgotten about that.
I turned to them, the Luna was looking at me expectantly, Evelyn's expression was unreadable. The last thing I wanted was to disappoint them so I embraced the inevitable.
"Yes I did come for her, I just want to get something from the car " I said giving them a reluctant smile.
"Eve honey. You heard him, he came for you. Let's go and get you ready " she said happily ushering her upstairs.
She followed her.

******************************

Hope you enjoyed this....
Don't forget to vote and comment and share.