Chapter 12

The party was groovy, who would have thought that the latest pack in town would come up with this. It was an outdoor event and the location provided a nice scene.
Nick and Adonis arrived few minutes after we did, Oliver drove the both of us in his car.
I would have loved to give a full description of the party, but my attention was attention was somewhere else.
Call it the mate pull or whatever, but I couldn't keep my eyes off Adonis. I was standing beside my friend, My eyes followed him uncontrollably like a shadow. The grey well tailored suit he was putting on, giving him a more manly look didn't even help my situation.

" You will soon gobble him up with those eyes of yours. Just tell your parents"
I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about the plan.
I wanted to talk to him about it in order to know his stand, but my courage failed me.
"You won't seem desperate if that's what you are thinking. It's normal, I told my parents about Oliver way before he came for me " she said trying to convince me and she was succeeding.
"Here's what you will say, ' Mom, Dad, I've found my mate. You already know him, he is Adonis Flames.' That's all, let them figure out the rest. See, you don't need to do anything abnormal. "
Immediately she said that, all my worries vanished. Let them figure it out.
"You are right. Didn't know you were this smart " i said, nudging her.
She scoffed "Then you must have been blind all along"
Just then, my parents walked in.
"There they are, let's go greet them. " she said and dragged me towards them.

"Hi Dad, hi Mom " I greeted, hugging each of them.
"Good day Alpha and Luna Anderson "
"Hello my darlings. " my Mom replied, Dad just nodded.
"Your parents told us that you have joined your mate. Although I'm happy for you, they should have informed us earlier. " my dad said calmly with a serious expression on his face.
"I'm sorry leaving without your permission sir. It was a mistake " Emily quickly apologised, giving him those puppy eyes.
This girl has no limit.
Dad nodded still maintaining his facial expression.
"No problem at all dear. I'm so happy for you, how I wish my lovely Eve will find hers soon " Mom said.
Emily nudged me.
"Actually Mom, I've found my mate"
"Huh? "
"Who is he? " Dad asked, going into alpha mode.
"You already know him, Adonis Flames "
His face broke into a grin.
"Excellent choice." Mom said "Well what do you know, speak of the devil " she said looking behind me.
Knowing what she meant, I got nervous.
"Time to go " I whispered to Emily. She nodded.
"Mom, I need to use the bathroom so please excuse me " I said, praying that she let me go.
I don't want to be there when he decides what to do. If he's going to reject me, let it be in my absence.
"Already nervous because your mate is coming, it happened to me when I met your dad for the second time. Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your makeup."
Mom!!
"No Mom, it's not about makeup. It's..... "
"Good day Alpha, Luna. I'm glad you made it " came a deep voice from my left.
I didn't need to turn to know who it was, my choreographing nerves already know.
"Hi Mom, hi Dad" Nick chipped in, hugging Mom.
"Oops I gotta go, my mate needs me." She said, waving her phone.
"You are free honey, I understand. " she said and Emily left.
What?! The phone was even off.
Traitor!
"Nick, I need to talk to you. Excuse us please " Dad said and left with Nick, leaving the three of us.
A text came into my phone, I opened it.
It was from Emily, ' Stop shaking lyk a leaf, comport urself. U didn't do anything wrong anyway. Be brave or should I say ' fighting' lyk in Korean drama'.
I smiled.
Taking a deep breath, I looked up at Mom putting on an expressionless face.
"Congratulations to you two. Evelyn just told you are his mate "
"Thank you Luna" 
His voice betrayed no emotion.
Was he expecting this?
"So when do you both plan on moving in together? "
Oops, I didn't expect that question to include me.
We? plan?
We haven't even talked.
I looked at him, waiting for his answer.
"I'll leave that to your daughter, she should decide. " he said, turning to me.
His face held no emotion, but his eyes were saying something else. He didn't like the turn of events, his eyes said so.
I shouldn't have told my parents, I should have talked to him first.
But why is he asking me when he obviously does not want it.
I don't want to be the one to choose.
"What a gentleman! So Evelyn, what do you say? I mean why wait, you've both known each other for years"
"Whenever he comes for me, I'll go with him. " I said, not answering the question.
"Both of you are playing with words, but suite yourselves. Just make sure you do that before I go on this vacation your dad told me about and also, that I become a grandma when I return. "
"Mother! " I exclaimed.
"Me too" Dad chipped in, wrapping his arms around her waist.
"Me three, I'll love to be an uncle. Uncle Nick, sounds great right? So you found your mate after all, I can't believe you are going to be mated before me" he asked grinning like an idiot, giving a thumbs up to Adonis who totally ignored him.
"Nick! " I exclaimed in disbelief.
"Spare me the drama, for now, let's enjoy the partaay!" he exclaimed, throwing up his arms.
Who would believe that this guy is an alpha.
Nick left with Adonis while I went in search of Emily, leaving my parents behind.

Will he come for me and when? That was the only thought in my head as I walked,until a guy blocked my path. He looked a few years older than me considering his thin frame.
"Hello babe" he said, his mouth reeked of alcohol.
"Play along Eve" I said to myself.
Talking sense to a drunk is a wastage of time.
"Hi" I said, turning to the side.
He quickly grabbed my arm.
"I'm not done yet! " he whisper yelled, saliva flying out of his mouth and landing on me.
I looked around for help, everyone seemed to be engrossed in the party.
No one glanced in my direction.
"No one is going to help.. I  mean sorry Ma'am. Nice meeting you " he said, his eyes glued to something behind me and then, he scurried away.
I was surprised and relieved.
Turning back, I saw Adonis'pack retreating back.
Was he?
Did he?
How?
Not sure of what to do, I tried to follow him and someone grabbed my arm.
That same arm!
I turned furiously to meet a grinning Emily.
"I saw what happened. Isn't that so romantic?! " she squealed.
"What? I didn't see anything. "
"I saw the guy grab you and I mind-linked your mate, couldn't think of a better person. He arrived almost immediately. I  saw his eyes turn so beautifully green as he glared at the guy while standing behind you, I guess that was his wolf taking charge and the guy ran away. Isn't that lovely?"
Did he? What does this mean?
"But I didn't feel his presence "
"Maybe because you were too scared to "
"Thanks for helping Em"
"No problem, maybe this relationship is not actually heading for the rocks. " she said wiggling her brows.
I couldn't help, but smile.

Nothing ever seemed to work out in my life, but I really wanted this mate relationship to work out.
I'll try my best to make it work, whether he wants me or not. The only way out would be rejection and I won't be the first to do that.

******************************
Someone sounds determined eh, is it gonna be that easy for her?...
Dunno

DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THAT STAR BUTTON ON YOUR SCREEN AND COMMENT AND SHARE.
Also, please help me discover my errors or omissions in the story