Chapter 9

Adonis' POV

Renovating the pack structures, getting the pack members to move in and reopening the mall and stores took a year and a few months, almost two years.
Everyone was up and doing; the women, the guys, the ladies, Oliver, the alpha stopped by most of the time accompanied by the Luna or his beta to check on us, Evelyn managed to stay away; I still couldn't control my feelings for her, feeling hatred and attraction at the same time just didn't work. But the person that made me happy the most through out the whole process was Nick. I was just lucky to have him.
He was always there for me, he gave me his time and advice whenever I asked for it and he never complained even though I knew he was stressed out. I had caught him twice sleeping while I was discussing with him, I didn't bother confronting him for it. He deserved much more.

Today, he's being made alpha.
I had asked him numerous times after his father's 40th birthday, why he wasn't made alpha. He always shrugged, saying that maybe the alpha changed his mind.
I didn't fully believe him, but I let it slide. I'm just happy that after everything, he's now being handed over to.
"Looking good bro " I said to him as we descended from the staircase.
He was on a black tuxedo while I was on a black blazer with a white T-shirt and jeans.
"I never look bad, even early in the morning " he said boosting his ego.
"Whatever you say, it's your day. I'm just happy for you "
"Thanks. What of you, are you going to have this kind of ceremony done for you? "
"Yeah, Oliver's mother insisted. I wanted to tell you about it later. It's nothing much, just a party. "
"Have they fixed a date for it? "
"Yeah, the day after tomorrow "
"Really, that means you will be leaving real soon. What a shame, very soon you'll be without me " he joked.
I scoffed.
"Whatever, but enough about the party. They must be waiting for you, let's go "
"Of course darling, why don't you wrap your arm round mine so that we can proceed to the garage. " he said offering his left arm.
"Either you have a loose screw or you really messed up in the head " I joked slapping his arm.
He laughed and we headed for the door.
We met a red head at the door.
"Hey Nick" she said to him, but was looking at me.
"Hi Emily."
"Is your sister around? " she asked, turning to him.
"Don't know, check for her upstairs " he said and she got in.
We left the house.
"That's Evelyn's BF by the way, I doubt you've met her before. She rarely comes over."
I nodded and we walked to the garage.
The alpha even permitted Nick to use his Porsche, the guy must be in high spirits.

As soon as we got to the arena, a large hotel of some sort, the eyes of the females around turned to us.
"Stop fooling yourself, they are not looking at you " Kodie, my wolf said.
"You are just jealous that they can't see you " I retorted.
"Want me to show them how I look like? " he threatened.
"Don't dare, this blazer is my favorite "
"Talking to me? " Nick asked turning to me.
"Nope, it's my wolf trying to get on my nerves "
"Seriously, I don't understand the set of crazy wolves the moon goddess has been handing out lately " he said shaking his head.
James must be giving him a hard time.
"Give your friend a middle finger on my behalf " Kodie requested.
"Thanks, but I still need my fingers complete. You are crazy " I said laughing and then blocked him.
We met Oliver on our way in.
"Hey guys, You both look dashing" he commented when he saw us.
"I was gonna say the same about you " Nick said.
They got pretty close during the renovation of my pack.
"What stopped you ?" Oliver asked.
"I don't know the synonym of 'dashing' " he said with a shrug.
"You are crazy " Oliver said chuckling.
We spotted the alpha and he motioned for us to come over.
"See you guys later, I want to take a look around " Oliver said.
"Suite yourself, but don't go to the pack house " Nick warned.
" The thought didn't cross my mind, but what if I go? Got a skeleton in your closet? " Oliver dared.
"Nah, just some roaches " he said scratching the back of his neck.
Oliver burst into laughter. He laughed loudly, attracting attention but he didn't care.
I just chuckled.
"Nick you need help, something is wrong with you " he said walking away.