Chapter 14

Evelyn's POV

I heaved an inaudible sigh of relief when he announced that he came for me. I didn't care if he really wanted it or not, I just wanted to leave the house.

I don't know how she did it, but Mom packed my whole stuff in an hour. She kept stuffing things into my bags, mixing shoes with clothes messing up the whole thing.
"Mom, you're messing up everything! "
"Forget about that, we don't want to keep your mate waiting "
"You really want to get rid of me, don't you? "
She stopped immediately.
"No! I will never do that" she exclaimed with a horrified expression. " I'm sorry if that's what I made you think, I'll stop this immediately. I'm so sorry, I thought you wanted this. I'll tell him to come back another time when you are ready " she said gently.
"It's not that Mom, I want this. It's just that I thought that you are happy because I'm finally going away. After all, I've been a thorn in the flesh for so long " I said with a shaky voice.
"My baby! " she exclaimed and pulled me in for a hug." Don't think that silly. I admit you got on my nerves most times, but that doesn't change the fact that you are still my daughter and that I still love you. By the way, you weren't half as annoying as your father when he was trying to make me accept him as a mate " she said wiping the tears that had escaped from my eyes when she was speaking.
"You rejected him at first? " I asked surprised.
"Yeah, he was mighty arrogant and annoying. " she said with a scowl.
I gave a watery laugh.
"Thanks so much Mom "
Nick burst in immediately.
"Sis you're leaving me already?! "
He exclaimed with bulging eyes.
"Yeah so you can have some peace of mind "
"Nonsense! I'll miss you terribly, your troubles, your everything. But don't forget to call me if he annoys you in any way so I can discipline him "
"As if " I scoffed.
"Whatever, Just hurry up and make me an uncle "
"You've lost it. Go find yours and make me an aunt "
"If that involves me being in Adonis' current situation, no thanks "
"What do you mean? "
"Dad's downstairs with him giving him lectures on dos and donts, warnings,  threats and all that. " he said with a chuckle.
I burst into laughter.

Adonis didn't say anything throughout the journey, his  eyes permanently glued to the road. He kept maintaining that expressionless face of his, making him seem unapproachable.
Even I didn't know what to discuss with him.
"Thanks for coming " I finally said.
He gave me a curt nod with a slight frown already forming on his face.
"Maybe he just doesn't want to talk " my wolf said.
Yeah he doesn't want to talk to me.

He killed the engine in front of the pack house and stepped out.
I followed him out and moved to the trunk of the car.
He opened it and handed me two bags while he carried the rest. We walked to the door and he knocked.
The knob turned and the door opened to reveal someone I never thought I would see again, Natalia.
"Alpha " she greeted opening the door wider. He went in and I followed him.
She was momentarily surprised when she saw me, but she quickly composed herself and put on a passive look.
I followed upstairs. This time, he took the hallway on the right.
I kept wondering what room he was going to put me in.
His?

He stopped in front of the door between two other doors. Removing a single key from his back pocket, he opened the door and got in.
The room was beautiful with white walls, white patterned curtains, a large bed with rose colored drapes, white chest of drawers and a study table with a black revolving chair.
He dropped the bags on the bed and turned to me.
"This is your room " he said handing me the key.
"Thanks " I said dropping off the rest of the bags.
"Natalia will be around if you need anything "
"No thanks, I'll be just fine " I objected. I can't afford to have that woman next to me again.
He left.
I threw myself on the bed.
I still couldn't believe that I was finally on my own.
I quickly called Nick.
"Nick? "
"Hey sis. Missing me already?" he joked.
"Flatter yourself " I said smiling.
He chuckled
"You are already there? "
"Yeah. " I answered not knowing what else to say.
"Okay, I really hope that you guys get along, I want the best for Adonis and you " he said, concern clearly dominating his tone.
"I'll try. Thanks "
"No problem. Gotta go, My beta needs me "
"OK. Yeah I miss you already "
"You're gonna make me cry, miss you too " he said with a thick voice.
I dropped the phone and set about arranging my things.

I was almost done with hanging my clothes when someone knocked.
"Come in " I said still arranging my wardrobe.
"So when are you planning to tell me that you have moved in?! "
I stopped abruptly and turned to a fuming Emily.
"Emily, it's not that. I just happened. I just arrived few hours ago. " I explained.
"I'm so happy for you! I didn't expect him to come for you soon.
Tell me how it happened, not a single detail should be missing. "
She said with a wide grin.
I told her everything.
She burst into laughter.
"He laughed at you when you fell,  he's not nice "
"Neither are you "
"Anyways, that brings us to the next plan " she said rubbing her hands together.
"What's that? " I asked.
"Making him fall in love with you of course " she said looking at me.
"Emily I don't think that's gonna work, the guy clearly doesn't like me. It's my fault anyway "
"And it's time for you to fix it. Haven't you heard that true love happens with the person you least expect. Don't worry, I will be there every step of the way "
"Thanks Em, but I don't think I'm in love with him " I said honestly.
"Oh you will eventually, trust me.  " she said with an evil laugh." So what do you say?" she asked.
I have a bad feeling about this whole thing.
"You always have a bad feeling " my wolf scolded.
"Okay, I mean I've got nothing to lose " I agreed feebly.
"Nothing at all " she said.
I wonder what she has up her sleeves.
"How do you see the room? " she asked.
"It's beautiful! "
"It used to be mine. I wanted a separate room from Oliver's "
"Why? I thought you like him "
"I do. I was just acting, playing good girl "
"So what happened? "
"He wouldn't hear of it. He had me move in immediately, I was so happy "
"You are sick " I joked.
"I know, that's why I'm your BF. Cos you're sick too"
I laughed.
"Em, why don't you let me apologize to him first. Then if his behavior towards me doesn't change, you can carry on with your plans "
"Suite yourself, if he doesn't change, holler me. Although I hope he doesn't, I can't wait to test my plans on him"

I only shook my head in disbelief.

**************************

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.....
😘