Chapter 15

Dedicated to thoreta
Thanks for the motivation.
😘

Third person POV

Evelyn raised her hand to the door and let it drop again.

It's the fourth time she'd done that with the same door.
She had finally come to apologize to Adonis after minutes of pep talk in front of the mirror, but she just couldn't get herself to knock on the damn door of his office.

She tried one more time and failed.
Better luck next time, she decided and turned to leave when the door opened.
"How may I help you? " came the cold voice of her mate.

He had been sitting in his office, enjoying a quiet afternoon, momentarily pretending that things were normal and that Evelyn's presence was a mere illusion when he noticed movements outside his door.
The intruder's shadow clearly seen beneath the door.
He remained calm for some minutes waiting for the person to knock.
When it seemed like knocking was not part of the person's intentions, he got out of his seat and walked to the door.
He caught a whiff of the already mastered scent of his mate as he touched the knob.
What does she want now? He wondered.
After a brief moment of hesitation, he opened the door to see her retreating back.

She turned to meet his distant, cold, green orbs.
"May I come in? "
He hesitated a little while before moving out of the way, motioning for her to come in.
He shut the door as soon as she got in.
"What do you want? " he asked in a bored tone as he moved from behind to her front.
She fidgeted a bit, her confidence slipping away.
"Nice office " She complimented on remembering Emily's advise to begin the conversation with a compliment.
The office was quite large with the huge mahogany table at the middle, an equally huge chair that looked like it would swallow me if I dared to sit on it.....
He nodded still peering into my eyes.
"Do you remember that night I met my wolf ?"
"Yes" he answered unsure of where she was heading with the topic.
"Well, thank you for helping me "
He was a bit surprised.
Not having a suitable reply, he nodded, his blank face and cold eyes unaltered.
"That silly nod again, he's not making this any easier for me " she complained inwardly.
"You done? " he asked nonchalantly, eager to return to his seat and get back his peace of mind.
"Err, no. One more thing, do you remember that night I...uh..kinda insulted you ?" She stammered, unsure of what to expect.
He got annoyed.
Kinda?!
Why was she bringing this up?
"Yeah, wanna add more?" he mocked with a tinge of anger in his voice.
"No. About that night, I'm .. uh.. sorry. Yeah that's it, sorry. There I said it. " she exhaled slowly, feeling relieved.
She'd done it or so she thought.
He looked at her like she was the stupidest person he had ever met, his gaze unwavering.
She wondered what he was thinking, his gaze making her nervous and scared.
When he refused to say anything after a few minutes, she asked
"So what do you say? Am I forgiven or not?" she asked nervously, almost inaudible.
His expression changed immediately.
He was dumbfounded, he felt like he had been insulted again.
To him, It was she just unremorsefully recited something she saw in a book. His hatred towards her grew automatically and he became angry.
"It would be best if you leave my office " he said in an emotionless voice, trying not to let his anger show.
She blinked multiple times in shock and disbelief.
"Pardon? " she asked in confusion.
"Leave " he ordered in a low, deep voice that sent shivers down her spine, his eyes boring into hers, dark with the anger he refused to show.
With a heavy sigh, she left the office and slammed the door with all her might, willing it break.
It took him all his strength not to go after her, drag her back and teach her a lesson for nearly destroying his expensive door.
"Stupid brat! " he muttered under his breath, tightly clutching the edges of the table to keep him from putting his feelings into action.

"Why is he so damn impossible?! " she murmured behind the door. "Arrogant pig! Annoying orange! Pain in the butt! Urrgh! " she groaned, running out of curses.
She kicked the door in frustration and left, stomping her way down the hallway to find solace.

"What do you mean? " Emily asked in shock.
"Exactly what I just said, he ordered me out of his office. He didn't even appreciate the fact that I apologized to him " she huffed, laying emphasis on the 'I'
"What exactly did you say to him? "
Evelyn narrated everything to her friend, starting from her difficulty in knocking at the door.
Emily burst into laughter.
"Wait, what? You are still the high and mighty Evelyn Anderson I've always known, what you said there can hardly be called an apology. I shouldn't have let you go to him, I bet he hates you more now.
Apart from that, you nearly broke his door and even kicked it, unbelievable! "
Emily had always known that her friend has not changed, she still got that bratish nature in her. She knew from the beginning that an apology would not work. An apology presented by Evelyn was synonymous to an insult. She was just surprised that for the first time since their relationship started, Eve was worried about something and wanted for it.
She smiled as crazy thoughts of how to get the two together flew into her head.

"This relationship is really not gonna work, why did the moon goddess do this to me? " Evelyn complained oblivious of what her friend was doing.
"Do you still want him? "
"I think so, I mean what girl wouldn't want her mate"
"Do you want my help? "
"Is that supposed to be a question? "
"I'll help you, but you have to promise me that you will follow each of my plans "
"As long as it's not dirty, I hate embarrassments"
Emily's face fell. Dirty things, as she had called it, made up 80% of her plans.
"What do you mean by that? I thought you had your own share of boyfriends. "
She had never considered her friend as the innocent type.
"Of course, but we never went past talking " Evelyn explained.
Emily was shocked.
If there had been a competition for the most bedded, she would have voted for her friend without a second thought. Evelyn changed males like clothes.
"Like I'm gonna believe that " Emily scoffed in disbelief.
"Suite yourself. So what's the plan? I can't believe I'm doing this " she said with a short laugh.
"Me too"

Adonis left the room few minutes after Evelyn, he became uncomfortable in his seat after she left. Concentration was a thing of the past, the paperwork in front of him appearing blank.
It seemed like she took the peace he had been enjoying with her.

With a sigh, he shut the file and arranged them at the left side of the table. Picking up the key to his room, he left the office.

He walked down the quiet hallway, not even stopping when he heard voices of people discussing.
He wasn't one for eavesdropping or so he thought.
"What do you mean by that? I thought you had your own share of boyfriends. " he heard from a voice he recognized as Emily's and he stopped, against his will.
He knew he shouldn't be listening, but he wanted to know.
Besides, he had nothing else to do.
Placing his ear against the door, he listened.
"Of course, but we never went past talking "
He was shocked.
"Evelyn, a virgin? Oh please." he said inwardly, filled with disbelief.
Like I'm gonna believe that "
"Suite yourself. So what's the plan? I can't believe I'm doing this " she said with a short laugh.
"Me too"

Plan?
What plan?
When nothing meaningful came into his mind, he walked away discarding the matter and tired of eavesdropping.
All he knew was that he was as bored as anything, the alpha work was just exhausting and the house, as silent as a graveyard.
If something interesting doesn't happen soon, he didn't know what he would do.

******************************

Don't forget to vote and comment and share
Hope you enjoyed this chapter...