Chapter 24

Evelyn's POV

"I feel so nervous. What if he doesn't like it? I should have bought an additional gift. I'll be so heartbroken if he rejects this and I'll..... "
"Enough already! " I interrupted, already fed up with Emily's babbling. "Don't worry about that, he would never reject a gift from you, he should know better than that."
We had spent the whole day wrapping up the blazer and also, putting together a short, but sweet letter to go with it.
"Thanks Eve. You are right, I shouldn't worry " she said looking at the bag containing the gift.
"You've said that five times in a row, but still you don't mean it "
"I'm sorry, I can't help it "
I watched my friend, still shaking like a leaf, she'd never seen her like that before.
"Then get on with it. You planned all this so don't mess it up "

Oliver was waiting for her in the living room, all dressed up ready to take her out.
I stood right in front of her room, leaning on the rail and ushered her forward with a thumbs up.
He extended his hand to her as soon as she made it to the last step and she took it.
"You look delicious " he commented, slowly checking her out.
"Oliver!" she scolded jokingly.
Emily turned completely red, I've never seen her blushing before. It was all so new, like I was seeing a new 'Emily ' that I relaxed, placing both elbows on the rail to watch the drama, wondering what next she was going to do.
We had settled on a monochrome outfit, all nude. She had refused wearing red saying that she was saving it for the next day.
"But all nude kinda makes you look like you are not putting on anything? " I had told her.
"That's exactly what I want "

"Shall we? "
"Not yet " she stopped him from moving an inch. " I have something for you "
She handed over the bag over to him casting me an apologetic look which I ignored.
"You actually got me something, I thought you were joking when you told me about it " he smiled looking into the bag and brought out the wrapped up gift.
He was so agonizingly slow in unwrapping it and casting occasional glances at Emily, much to her discomfort.
I admit I also got a bit anxious, wondering what he would say about it.
"You are doing this on purpose, aren't you? " Emily asked annoyed, referring to the manner in which he unwrapped the gift.
He chuckled in reply.

I held my breath as soon as the wrapper fell on the floor.
His face lit up immediately.
"How did you know? I've always wanted one exactly like this, but I never thought I would find it. Perfect "
"So you like it? " Emily asked leaning forward with both her brows raised.
He lifted her chin, meeting her eyes before lowering his head to capture her lips in a very hot kiss.
I wasn't planning on stopping them anytime soon so I left for my room, granting them privacy.

Emily's POV

"Does that answer your question? " he asked after breaking the kiss, leaving me sad.
I nodded as I was unable to speak after that mind blowing kiss. He was just so good...
"Adonis told you about my ruined blazer right? "
"Evelyn helped me with that." I answered still clinging to his hand.
"Speaking of her, did she have any fight with her mate? " he asked getting worried.
"No. In fact, she told me that he agreed to celebrate Valentine with her "
"Strange, maybe I just miscalculated " he said shrugging it off.
"What's wrong? "
"I might be mistaken so let's forget about it "
"No, please tell me "
He hesitated
"It's just that earlier today, Adonis and I had a talk. He informed me that he wouldn't be around for a couple of weeks and he left me in charge of the pack. He just left few minutes ago with an omega struggling with his bags behind him "

"Did he say where he was going to? " I asked confused by what I just heard.
I thought he agreed to celebrate Valentine with Evelyn. Shouldn't he be spending time with her?
I looked at the staircase and discovered that she was no longer there.
When did she leave?