Chapter 10

Adonis' POV

The handover went really well.
I didn't see Oliver again through out the night, but he later sent me a text during Nick's speech, saying that I shouldn't bother looking for him.

I was currently packing my stuff, it was just like leaving home.
Someone knocked.
"Come in " I said, folding my shirt.
Nick came in.
"Hey bro, leaving already?" he asked, looking at the clothes on my bed.
"Not yet, just packing my clothes "That you are leaving does not mean that you are free from me. You will make sure that you call me everyday, visit us sometimes "
"Sure Alpha "  I said and he smiled.
"How did you feel yesterday when he handed over to you? " I asked.
"Scared, but happy. Millions of voices came rushing into my head immediately he called me alpha, I felt different things at once. Dad said it was the voices and feelings of the pack members. No wonder he wanted to step down, must be a huge responsibility "
"Forget about that, I know you can do better "
"Thanks. By the way, Mom and Dad are leaving next week for their vacay" he announced.
"They both deserve it. I owe you guys a lot, I will miss you terribly. " I said feeling really bad.
"You have no idea "
His phone rang immediately.
He picked it and his facial expression changed.
"What's wrong? " I asked as soon as he was done.
"It's Evelyn, she thinks she's about to meet her wolf. She needs help "
"Huh? "
That means that sooner or later, she will find out that I am her mate and I don't want that to happen.
"We have to help her. Mom and Dad are not at home " he continued, worry and fear boldly written on his face.
"I don't think..... "
"Don't think anything, just help me out on this " he interrupted, dragging me out of the room.

Evelyn's POV

Yesterday, my brother was made alpha.
Must have been a wonderful evening for him, but for me, it was so boring. Full of speeches that didn't make sense to me and the worst part was that I was stuck with my family, no freedom at all.
I was sitting between Mom and Nick, Dad beside her and Adonis beside Nick.
When Nick got up to deliver his speech, I saw Adonis give him a thumbs up.
Brotherly love
I  mentally scoffed and looked away.
Two minutes into Nick's speech, I became super bored. My whole body itching to do anything than just sit.
I had already played all the games in my phone twice during Dad's speech. I wondered what Emily was doing.
For no reason at all, my eyes wandered to Adonis.
He was reading something from his phone. Suddenly, he smiled and his whole face lit up making him look extra handsome.
A sudden feeling of jealousy and sadness overwhelmed me.
I just realised that it's been long since anyone ever smiled at me.
I seemed forgotten to everyone, I missed all the good times I had as a kid.
Even Mom now seemed to busy.
I know how to go about it, but what I did know was that I wanted my family back.

As if feeling the intensity of my stare, he looked up and caught me. I casually returned my gaze back to Nick, slightly embarrassed.

Towards the end of the occasion, I left the hotel and went in search of Emily.
I found her in the garage with a handsome guy.
"Eve! " she squealed when she saw me.
She drew me closer to him.
"Oliver, meet my best friend Evelyn. Eve, meet my mate, Oliver " she introduced and I shook hands with him.
He was handsome and well built, but not as handsome as Adonis.
"Where did that come from? " I whispered to myself and shaking my head, trying to get of the foolish thought.
"What's wrong? " Emily asked.
She must have caught me shaking my head.
"Nothing, just forgot to tell my mom something. I'll be right back " I lied.
She seemed satisfied with my answer.
I left the two alone.
Where did that foolish thought come from?

I woke up this morning with terrible aches in my joints. I got out of bed and managed to make it to the bathroom.
I slowly brushed my teeth, but it got worse with each passing moment. Deciding that bathing might not be a possibility, I staggered out of the bathroom and sat on my bed.
I picked up my phone and called Nick.
"Eve"
"Nick, I don't know what's happening to me, but I think it's my wolf trying to come out. Please, I need help "

Just as Nick burst into my room, I felt my bones begin to rearrange.
I let out a scream and warm hands encircled me immediately.
Adonis carried me out of the bed and gently laid me on the ground.
I didn't know why, but the moment he touched me, the pain reduced.
He removed his hands as soon as he was done.
"Don't " I croaked and grabbed his hand. He looked confused.
"Please don't let go, it will get worse " I pleaded desperately.
He nodded and held my hand.
I transformed slowly into a brown wolf and he let go of my hand.
"Way to go Sis" Nick said in amazement, folding his arms. "I wasn't even needed here, was I? The situation was expertly handled by Mr Right. " he teased, nudging Adonis who ignored him.
I started to get dizzy, the whole process was exhausting.
"I want to sleep " I said, not sure if they heard me.
"Grab the blanket, she might shift anytime soon. " Nick nudged him again.
"Why don't you do it? Your hands look okay to me " he retorted with a slight frown.
Nick wiggled his fingers.
"They are okay, but how about you finish the good work you have already started " he said pointing at the blanket on my bed.
Adonis sighed in defeat and got the blanket. He gently wrapped it
around my wolf form.
"Thanks " I muttered before shutting my eyes.

I woke up to see my mom pacing back and forth in my room.
"Finally! Young lady, you got us worried " She said when she saw I had woken up.
"For how long was I asleep? " I asked.
"Six hours! " she said, almost yelling
"Sorry I got you worried "
She looked at me like I just spoke Latin. I can't remember the last time I ever apologized to anybody.
"No problem " she said mildly with a smile "Hurry and dress up, you must eat something "
I pulled away the cover and discovered it wasn't mine.
I was undressed, only putting on the one Adonis wrapped around me.
"Mom, where's Nick and Adonis. I need to talk to them?"
"Adonis has returned to his pack and Nick drove him there. He should be back any time soon. I will be waiting downstairs " she said, leaving the room.
"Okay " I whispered, feeling really bad.
I couldn't believe that the guy I insulted the day he met his wolf was the same guy that took care of me and also covered me to prevent me from getting embarrassed.
I still remember the exact words I said to him.
".......and next you think of shifting in public, make sure you warn those around so that they don't get an eyeful of an unwanted scene. You make me sick"
My eyes welled up with tears. I felt really ashamed of myself.

******************************

I'm so so sorry for taking this long to update.....
Blame it on my laziness, health and a load of other stuff.
So sorry....

Aww, Our girl is starting to feel bad, what's she gonna do?......

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND DROP OFF YOUR COMMENTS.
DON'T FORGET ALSO TO POINT OUT MY ERRORS, TOO LAZY TO READ BEFORE PUBLISHING.....

Happy new year.
Wishing you all a wonderful 2k18.....
2k18, please be nice...