Chapter 5

Nick's POV (surprise!😁)

"Did she throw you out? " I asked Stephan as soon as he came downstairs.
The conversation took longer than I expected.
"Maybe they finally got to understand each other"  my wolf, James said.
He didn't answer. He didn't even crack a smile.
I looked closely, his eyes which were always shining looked super dull.
He looked away.
"What wrong" I asked,  moving closer to him.
"Nothing, let's run " he said with a smile that did not reach his eye and walked past me, heading for the door.
I decided to let him be and followed him out.

We shed our clothes as soon as we have moved a safe distance from the house.
Don't want some people to see what they don't need to see, speaking of which...
"Did she tell you that you shifted while she was still in your room and that I wore you clothes. Is that why you are angry. I swear I didn't look. " I asked sticking out my head from the tree I was changing behind and hiding my lower body.
I really didn't want him to think something else.
He was shedding his clothes behind a huge tree.
He came out, already shifted.
How did he do that? Dad taught me how to shift.
His wolf was beautiful, with grey fur, piercing green orbs and huge too.

He shook his head.
"This has nothing to do with you. Thanks for wearing me clothes instead of leaving me there. There's nothing wrong " he said.
"Must he always say things that touch the heart " my wolf asked.
I smiled and shifted.
Mine was light brown, blue eyes like Mum's and same size as his.
We both ran deeper into the forest, whooshing past the trees.
"I want you and Adonis in my office. " Dad mind-linked me early that morning.
I'm the only one who called him by his middle name.
"Be right there "
I quickly dressed up.
I met him on my way downstairs.
Nothing had changed. He still had those dull eyes that made him look like he was uninterested in anything.
"Dad wants to see the both of us in his office "
He nodded.
What the heck was wrong with him.

I knocked twice before he let us in. I can remember the last time I was here, that was when I was in kindergarten.
I was astonished when I saw Dad use the shredder so when he left to answer an important call, I shredded half the paperwork I saw on his desk and most of them were important.
He yelled and banned me from coming close to the door of his office when he returned. He even called me shredder for a week.
Mom only laughed.
I faithfully kept to that punishment till now, unless I was called like now.

"Sit" he said referring to the two seats facing the huge mahogany desk.
We did.
"I want to discuss something important with you two. " he said looking at us through reading glasses balanced on his nose bridge.
He cleared his throat and began.
"I think you both are mature enough to handle some responsibilities.
Nicholas, I want to hand over to you sometime this week, during my fortieth birthday.
I plan on having a long and lovely vacay with your mother.
You can say that I am already tired of working " he added with a little smile.
I only nodded, my excitement could wait.  He looked like he wanted to say more.
"Adonis, remember the day you first came into this pack? "
He nodded.
"What's with the lizard behavior." my wolf asked.
I smiled and blocked him.
"The thing is that you are not the only person from your pack that we accepted that week. Most of them were children, the rest were women.
I wanted to tell you about it, but the news about your parents' death stopped me. The thing is that you are an alpha's son and you dad was a really close friend of mine so if you want to, you can still recreate your pack and become an alpha as you should have been "
I looked at Stephan, his expression only softened slightly.
Slightly! and I was sitting down there dying of excitement for the both of us.
"Haven't they joined this pack already ?" he asked.
"The women knew of your existence, their children should know too. When I told them about you, they refused to become full members of my pack. I couldn't send them away as rogues because of your father so that they could stay there. I didn't want them to have any trouble with my pack members. "
"Whenever you are ready to meet them, I will escort you"
"Thank you very much alpha. I really don't know what to say "
Stephan said, smiling.
This time, it was a genuine one.
"You are welcome. I'll leave you both to think about what I said " he said, dismissing us.
We both left the office.

"What do you plan on doing? " I asked him as soon as we entered the living room.
"I'll meet them tomorrow. I can't believe it, I've always thought that I was the only survivor. I wonder if Oliver is among them "
He said, still smiling.
"Who is Oliver? " I asked.
I admit I felt kinda jealous.
He burst into laughter.
"Seriously? You are jealous "
"You must have hit your head somewhere to think that "
He only laughed the more.
"Anyway, he was my best friend back then, he's the beta's son"
"Was? " I asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah. I have a new one in front of me " he said chuckling.
I scoffed and we both headed upstairs.
I was just happy that he had let go of whatever was bugging him last night.
Or maybe not.
Just then, Evelyn came out of her room.
His smile was replaced with nothing, a blank, emotionless face.
" I want to speak with you " she said, standing in front of him.
He stopped.
"Follow me " she ordered and went downstairs.
Is she crazy or stupid.
I'm almost certain that she's the reason for his mood swing and she's still ordering him.
He didn't even look at her retreating back.
"Wanna talk about it? "
He shook his head.
"There's nothing to talk about.
I'll meet you in the evening at the pack training grounds to discuss how I'll go tomorrow. I'll need your advice." he said.
"Whatever you say, alpha " I said, teasing him.
He gave me a wide smile.
I thought he was angry a few seconds ago.
"Of course servant "
"You wish " I said and he laughed before entering his room.
I waited for some seconds before going downstairs to meet a nervous looking sister.

"Where is he? " she asked as soon as she saw me, putting on a composed look.
"Are you crazy or just plain stupid?
What the hell did you do to him?
" I asked, grabbing her arm.
"Let go of my arm? "
"Or what? I've had enough of your stupid immature ways"
"And what are you gonna do? Kick me out as soon as you become alpha. "
"Keep this up and I might just grant that wish." I said, releasing her arms roughly and went upstairs.

******************************

Dunno what to say concerning this one.
Ever met an absolute brat, well here's a glimpse.
Oh well, the story continues....
Don't forget to vote and comment
😘
Ella