Chapter 17

Picture of Evelyn at the top
Dunno who she is but I think she fits.

Evelyn didn't see her friend for two days in a row and she missed her terribly. Without her, the house was just as boring as ever.
Walking down the stairs in search of her, she only hoped that she was not up to something naughty.

"So did you talk to Nicholas? " Emily asked her mate, as soon as he woke up.
"Yeah. I spoke to him the night you informed me of your plans and he promised to call back."
"And? "
"And he just called last night saying you should count him in, but not only him, his mate as well " he said playing with her hair.
"He found his mate? " she asked happily.
"Yeah "
"Wow, I think I'll like her. Thanks honey, now we're four. But babe, what of Natalia. Evelyn told me she had problems with her the first time she came here, does she have eyes for Adonis cos I don't want anyone standing in our way "
"She had eyes for Nick, I'm not sure about Adonis. But she won't be present for a while, her mother informed me that she went visiting in another pack"
"Perfect "
"So what's the first plan "
She produced a little list of things she intended to carry out from under her pillow.
Oliver did a quick scan
"Burn her room! " he exclaimed sitting up. "What for? "
"So they can move in together. Since there's no extra room in this house, if I burn the room, he'll have no choice but to accommodate her " she explained feeling proud of her idea, but the expression on her mate's face had her thinking twice.
"Honey what's wrong? "
"I admit I love your reasons but must you burn it, think of those curtains and drawers."
"Got a better idea? " she asked trying not to get angry.
When he didn't respond, she continued.
"Honey I promise to destroy only one room, I'll beg my dad to pay for the curtains and drawers. Please just let me do this. If I don't destroy everything, he might easily replace the burnt stuff and have her move out again. After all, this pack is getting pretty rich. I'll make sure it doesn't get out of control" she pleaded with puppy eyes.
Oliver stared at his mate like she just grew a moustache.

"Do whatever you want, just don't get us into trouble." he agreed reluctantly with a sigh of defeat.
"Never, thanks honey " she leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on the nose.
He gave her a 'seriously' look.
"You always know how to get to me, don't you? " he asked unintentionally reminding of the night of their make out.
She half heartedly wished they had gone all the way, damn him and his stupid self control. She wondered when the so called 'right moment' will come.
"So how are you going to distract her while you burn her room or do you intend to burn her too? "
She thought for a while
"Well that's where Nick comes in, we have to call him and tell him to lure her away."
"How? "
"I don't know, maybe he can tell her to come visit him. That way, she gets to stay away from the house "
"Didn't know you were this smart and evil? " he joked.
"You just weren't paying enough attention, I can be very deadly " she finished off in a low tone.
"I know, my little viper "
"And when do you plan to do this? " he continued.
"Tomorrow "

Evelyn stood at the window staring at nothing in particular. She couldn't explain what was wrong with her, but she knew she was tired of everything. She wasn't the quiet type and as deafeningly silent as the house was, she knew she would go crazy soon. It was as if everyone had forgotten about her, she rarely even saw Emily.
Deciding not to stay in the room any longer, she collected the phone from the table and left, clad only in her white crop top, shorts that stopped few centimeters below her butt and white flip flops.

She had barely made it to the hallway when her phone rang. It was Nick.
"Nick? "
"Yeah. Surprised?"
"No, just disappointed. You promised to call me later to apologize and this is your 'later'?"
"I am so sorry lil sis. I was so busy, but I plan on making it up to you, that's why I called."
"So what do you have in mind? " she asked still walking down the hallway.
"How about you come visit us tomorrow? "
"Me? But you promised you will come with your mate " she complained.
Nick got disturbed, this wasn't going according to the plan. He looked over to his mate for help, who was also listening to their conversation. She mouthed to him what to say.
"I know but my mate is sick, that's why I didn't call earlier, but she would love to see you. She had been disturbing me so I promised her that she'll meet you tomorrow " he lied, hoping she buys it.
"Nick I don't think...... "
"Please sis, this is my first promise to her. Don't make me break it pleeaase " he sounded desperate.
She hesitated and he waited.
"Okay "she finally said "Who's gonna take me there? "
"Don't worry, I'll come pick you up. What time would be suitable for you? "
"Alright, I want to leave very early. This house is too boring, I can't stand it another minute. "
"Fine by me. See you tomorrow morning "
"You too " she said happily hanging up.
She was just happy that Nick remembered her, if only she knew what they had in store for her.
Replacing the phone in her back pocket, she discovered that she was standing right next to Adonis' office door.
Is he around, she wondered. She was sure she saw him leave in the morning.
Giving into temptation, she turned the knob and pushed the door, it opened! She grew excited.
Looking around to make sure that no one was around, she slipped in and silently closed the door.