PILLOWS

LOCATION: EDWALTON PARK, NOTTINGHAMTIME: 16:20

TIME: 16:20

▬▬

YOONGI MIN DRAGS himself up the stairs and down the hall to his bedroom. the moment he locks the door behind him, he face plants onto his bed with a groan.

the cool pillows envelop him in their welcoming embrace and yoongi's lips move up in a lazy smile. snuggling up under the covers and making himself comfortable, he lets out a soft sigh. he feels exhausted from helping his parents at cloud nine, their bed shop.

sometimes, yoongi misses his old job back in london, until he remembers the hours and suddenly he doesn't. working at adler & sandler was fulfilling but far too demanding. and he could no longer take all the hours he was expected to put in as a creative director.

he likes the slow pace of edwalton anyway. it is more his speed. and far less quiet than london. barely anything remarkable ever happens on this side, which is great in his humble opinion. less drama means more rest.

today is especially perfect for him. the shop closed early. and his parents are out on their weekly date so yoongi has the entire house to himself. no clanging of pots and pans. and no arguments with footballers on the television. just him, his bed and silence.

he curls up in foetus position, getting warm under the covers. his eyes begin to flutter shut as sleep relaxes his body. they snap open when he registers something foreign in his room. abruptly sitting up, the young man falls out of his bed, landing ungracefully on his back with a yelp.

groaning in pain, he sits up and rubs at his throbbing back. then he remembers what made him fall off the bed and his breath catches in his throat, gaze moving to the spot where the strange girl is standing. she stares back at him curiously like he is the oddest person she has ever come across.

frowning, yoongi's gaze shoots to the closed door. he distinctly remembers turning the key in the lock to stop his parents from coming in and interrupting his sleep when they return. he also remembers being the only one in the room when he dropped onto the bed a few minutes ago.

his eyes lands on the pale skinned stranger simply standing in his room. "okay, so here's what's going to happen." he starts, not bothering to get off the floor. "i'm going to ask you who you are and how the hell you got into my room. and you're going to answer me truthfully."

the girl tilts her head, regarding him for a long minute. "you're quite rude." she finally remarks. "says the one who's intruding on my privacy. answer my fucking question." yoongi retorts.

a smile graces her face and yoongi is taken aback by how lethal it seems. "you should watch your tone, yoongi min. i'm not very nice."

his eyes widen in shock when she mentions his name. scrambling to his feet, he reaches for the first thing his hand makes contact with. "now, tell me who you are, how you got in and how the hell you know my name." her smile becomes more amused at the sight of the deodorant bottle.

"my name is winter hwang." she tells him after a moment. "and?" he urges, expecting her to answer the rest of his questions. "to your other two questions. the answer is one simple word." her expression is serious once more. "what's that? stalking?"

she doesn't respond for a long minute, no amusement at his jab evident in her expression. "magic." she responds matter-of-factly.

yoongi's eyebrows draw together in incredulity. he scoffs, eyes rolling up to the ceiling. "you break into my house and come into my ro–"

"your parents' house." seolhyun cuts in. "what?" yoongi frowns in confusion. "this isn't your house but your parents'." her tone is even and not taunting, as though she is merely stating a fact. it only irks him more.

"and?"

"and if i tell you it's magic then it's magic." she replies simply. "why should i believe you?" his head tilts to the side. "because i do not have a need to lie. especially to your kind." she eyes him up and down. "my kind?" his features scrunch, hand moving up to touch his chest. "human." she answers. "are you saying you're not human?"

"well, not in the way that you are." she begins to move around his room, eyes moving over the corners of it. "what are you even talking about? you sound crazy. please, leave my room. i want to sleep." he points to the door.

"trust me, i'd rather not be here either." she glances at his desk. everything on it is neat and well organised. a couple of old rough sketches of what look like an advert strip sit slightly askew on it.

"is this because you think magic is real and you somehow need me, for some reason, to believe it is to validate your sanity?" he gestures, the deodorant bottle moving with his action, his countenance one of boredom.

her slow footsteps cease abruptly, gaze shifting back to him. the room goes absolutely silent. it makes him feel highly uncomfortable.

"yoongi, magic is very real."

☬☬☬

ah this is so late! i would've had it up earlier but i'm currently in a military camp and all my time is measured and controlled and i'm exhausted half the time. updates may be slower than i anticipated. sorry for the wait!