LAPTOP

LOCATION: AUSTRALIS, MELBOURNETIME: 1:20

TIME: 1:20

▬▬

JIMIN PARK PRESSES down on the backspace key, erasing the entire paragraph he has just typed. he pinches the bridge of his nose in exasperation. nothing he writes seems to come out right, causing his frustration to build up.

leaning back on his chair, jimin stares out the floor to ceiling window in his bedroom. his eyes take in the view of the city at night, or rather, early morning. the lights are a beautiful sight to behold.

catching his reflection in the window, he realises he should be sleeping. but he has a deadline to meet up with. he may have eye bags the size of the gucci satchel his aunt had gotten him as a present for his last birthday but his looks are the least of his problems.

he needs to have at least ten chapters of his book in less than two weeks. and he's been stuck on the sixth chapter for more than a week, which is bad. really bad.

if it were as easy as solving math problems, jimin's life would be much smoother. but it isn't. and for all the headaches and sleepless nights it is causing him, he still loves writing. will never give it up.

taking off his wire rimmed glasses, he pushes his seat back and gets on his feet. he needs water and maybe a box of chocolate chip cookies to keep himself awake. he has been trying to lay off coffee, worried about his intake of caffeine lately.

his lithe body stretches as he lets out a yawn, eyes shutting with the action. his hands move down to pull his cotton pajama t-shirt over his midriff. when his eyes open again, they land on the reflection of a person in the window. a person that is not him.

his eyes widen with a sharp intake of air, body twisting around to make sure it is not a sleepy imagination. his eyes go even bigger when they settle on a girl leaning on his bedroom door, holding a bottle of water. "thirsty?"

jimin lets out a loud yell, jumping back. his hands go up defensively as the girl pushes off the door, an amused smile on her face. "h-how did you get in? you were n-not there a second ago." he stutters, moving back. "i d-didn't even hear you come in. d-do you have a key card? i didn't b-buzz you in."

he runs a hand through his hair repeatedly. perhaps spending hours staring at his laptop screen is finally affecting his brain. "oh, god, is this is a sleep deprived hallucination?" he mutters.

there is a small laugh from the girl. "i'm very real, jimin park." she informs him. his head jerks up. "h-how do y-you know my name? what are you doing here? who are you?" his hands return to their defensive position as she moves closer.

she makes herself comfortable at the edge of his bed. jimin trains his wary gaze on her, all traces of exhaustion gone, his mind now alert. "my name is lia. aaliyah son. and trust me, i'd rather not be here either." she tosses the bottle in her hand.

he watches her warily, waiting for her next action. he backs up when she holds the water bottle out to him. "you look like hell." she remarks softly, eyes on his face. "t-thanks?" his brows move higher on his face. "but i still don't know how you got in here or anything about you really."

her eyes move to his laptop. "you know my name." she shrugs. "maybe, but... but you know more about me than i do you." he points out.

she glances at him, gaze moving down. "you can put your fists down. i promise i have no reason to hurt you." her fingers play with the bottle, running along the sides, the cap, the label.

her gaze finally shifts to the window behind him. she seems to forget herself, staring out into the night for a long minute. he glances behind him, wondering what has her so fascinated. he turns back to her, staring at her distracted face. she is beautiful in a dainty, almost unnatural way.

his eyes go over her features, taking in everything. she seems pretty normal, nothing that hints that she's psychopathic. nothing particularly strange, except she's somehow found her way into his home. "you can't see the stars from here. too many city lights." she lets out quietly.

"j-just tell me how you got into my place, please." he pleads, feeling highly uncomfortable about having a stranger in his room. her lips press in a thin line and she tosses the bottle in his direction. he fumbles, catching it awkwardly. "you were thirsty earlier, right? sorry i don't have cookies."

his widened eyes move to her. "h-how did you know that?" he asks, distancing himself even more. "the same way i came in?" she answers. "what's that?" he doesn't hide the fear he is feeling. "magic."

jimin missteps, bumping into the desk and nearly throwing his laptop to the ground. "m-m-magic?" he splutters. she nods slowly, watching him carefully. she laces her hands together.

"jimin, you shouldn't be afraid of magic."