RUNNING TRACK

LOCATION: SUNDBY IDRÆTSPARK, COPENHAGENTIME: 17:20

TIME: 17:20

▬▬

HOSEOK JUNG RETIES his shoelaces, taking steadying breaths. his gaze shifts from his running shoes to the track ahead of him as he tightens the knot. the oval path of brick red seems to stretch on for miles from where he is kneeling.

the stadium is completely empty, silence enveloping the large area. it is just the way he likes it. there are absolutely no distractions so he can concentrate on his running. adjusting the cuffs of his puma sweatpants, he assumes starting position.

blowing air out his rounded mouth, his gaze becomes focused. shutting his eyes, he envisions the starting pistol going off and he takes off. everything goes by in a blur for hoseok as he runs at top speed, working on keeping his breath steady.

the cool air slaps against his skin soothingly. his feet barely hit the ground before they are off again. he has always felt an odd sense of flying whenever he runs. even now, he feels as though he is being lifted by the wind, cool airy fingers taking him off the ground.

as he completes the first lap, hoseok catches a glimpse of something odd in the stadium seats. he almost falters, moving too fast to actually make out what he is seeing. deciding to focus on his run, he shrugs it off, believing he only imagined it.

it is when he looks up as he rounds the track a second time that he really sees. hoseok's eyes widen and he loses his rhythm and footing. he trips over his own feet, barely catching himself before he lands face first to the rubberised ground.

he stares up the rows of seats to the reason he almost faceplanted seconds ago. he runs a hand through now damp hair pushed away from his eyes with the help of a headband.

hoseok blinks several times as his gaze lands on the hooded figure sat high up. he can't see the face of whoever it is but he can tell they are staring at him. his already fast heart rate picks up for reasons other than his physical exertion.

he swallows thickly, feeling uneasy. he wonders how they had gotten in, especially without him noticing. with a braveness he doesn't particularly feel, he calls out. "who are you? how did you get in here?"

the figure stands and begins a slow descent down the aisle and towards him. the movement is elegant and deliberate. hoseok guesses it's a girl, his speculation confirmed when her feet touch the track and she finally looks up.

small hands move up to throw her hood back and reveal more of her face. unconsciously, he takes a step back, surprised by how beautiful she is. her face is bare and curly brown hair almost wild as it flaps about in the slight wind.

a graceful smile slowly pulls full lips upwards. "hoseok jung?" her voice is soft, a bit high. "yes?" he answers unsure, trying to figure out if she is a fan. large dark grey eyes regard him carefully. the athlete frowns, realising she's wearing contacts. her features are dainty and pure but something about the way she looks at him tells the man that she might not be one to mess with.

"who's asking?" he takes a step back when she moves closer. a small chuckle escapes her lips, head tilting one way. "are you scared?" ringed fingers brush her hair back. "you still haven't told me who you are." his brows dip together as his eyes take in her form. "and how you got in without a pass."

"lila reinhardt." she finally responds. "okay, lila, how did you get in?" he questions again. "i just walked in." she answers with apparent honesty. "and no one stopped you? not even security?" he frowns, brows knitting when her head shakes.

"why are you here?" hoseok queries, starting to feel like he is doing most of the talking. "to see you." she suddenly drops down to sit on the track floor. "a-are you a fan?" he watches curiously as she wiggles her toes in her sandals. "can't say that i am." she looks up at him, the gold septum ring she wears catching the rays of the setting sun. "but maybe i should be."

he blinks in surprise. is she flirting with him? "look, lila–" he starts only for her to cut him off. "actually it's kamaria. kamaria okello." she moves one of the many rings that adorn her fingers around. "what?"

"my name is kamaria." she informs him. "but you said it was lila." his voice shows his confusion. "now i'm saying it's actually kamaria." she shrugs. "sit, hoseok." she commands, pointing to the spot next to her.

feeling insanely confused, he does as he is told, keeping a reasonable distance from the strange girl. she mutters something about being tired of talking already before taking a deep breath. looking from her rings to his face, she smiles again.

"hoseok, do you believe in magic?"

☬☬☬

we have our first man! will probably have a couple more of them up soon.