22. The Different Point of View

Julie had been acting weird lately. She would avoid me at all costs. She ignored my texts and calls. I don't know what to do. I love her with all my heart, since the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was mine. 

We had recently come back from the Hamptons. The whole car ride had been extremely awkward and tense. She wouldn't look at me, and if she did, it would only be for a second. She would only speak when essential, and when she did it was with the least amount of words possible. 

I felt heartbroken, to be honest. She was distancing herself from me and I couldn't understand why. I love her more than I have ever loved anything in my life. She is my soulmate, my other half. 

I was walking into school after a night of drinking my sorrows away, and there she was standing with Emma and Caleb. We locked eyes for only a moment before she pushed off her locker, turned around, and walked away with Emma close behind. I walked up to a waiting Caleb with a face of defeat. If she wanted nothing to do with me then I wanted nothing to do from her. 

"I'm done, man. I can't do this anymore. Every time she dismisses me it breaks my heart more and more."

Caleb nodded his head in understanding, "You have to protect your heart but think about Julie, she might be protecting hers."

He made sense, maybe Julie needed some space and time. But what about what was best for me, for my heart and happiness. I couldn't always be the guy that Julie could walk all over and push away when she felt unsure. I needed stable for more than 2 days. I can't lose myself while putting her first. Enough was enough. It is time for me first.