19. The Truth

I ran a hand through my brown hair, as I was reading a recipe for an oreo refrigerator cake. Apparently, it was Parker's favorite. The guys were out doing whatever guys do. I heard the refrigerator open and I turned my head to see Stella.

"Hey," I said looking back at the recipe on my phone.

Would I be able to make this? 

The thought circled my mind. I didn't want to disappoint Parker with my lack of baking skills. Normally when I cook I don't use a recipe. I kinda wing it. Seeing what things fit together, and what doesn't.

"Ah, you're baking Parker's favorite I see," she smiled in understanding.

"Yeah, would you mind helping me?" I asked, slightly embarrassed. 

"Of course," she takes out the ingredients we need and place them on the counter. I read out the instructions and we get to baking. Somehow I dropped the bag of flour and it gets everywhere. We laugh and throw flour at each other. We don't finish the cake until hours later. 

"Thanks so much, Stella," I say as I put the cake in the refrigerator. 

"No problem. It was fun. We should hang out again," she smiles and heads for the door.

"See you later," I smile back as she leaves. My phone pings and I see it's a text from Parker.

P = Parker, J = Julie

P: Hey beautiful. I'm in town with Theo. I'll be back later unless you want to join us.

J: Sure. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

I grab my bag and head out the door. Verona told me there were some bikes out here and that I should be comfortable to use whatever I want. I found the bike on the side of the house. I placed my bag in the front basket and pedal away.

I loved the feeling of the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. The happiness I was feeling was taken away from me by a rock. A big, fat, ugly rock just sitting in the street. I was thrown off my bike and planted with my knees scraping along the ground. I wanted to cry, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. But I forced them back. I was stronger than this. 

Hopping back on the bicycle, with bloody knees, I pedaled my way to Parker. The whole ride, all I felt was excruciating pain. He sent me the place he wanted to meet before I left the house. I got off my bike quickly and leaned it against a light pole and put a lock on it. 

When I entered the cafe I tried to mask the hurt and pain I was feeling by my throbbing knees. I felt like my knees were jelly and that I would collapse at any moment. I finally spotted them. When Parker turned his head in my direction I could immediately see the concern on his face. I guess I wasn't as good as hiding my emotions as I thought. I gave him a weak smile and walked over to him and Theodore. 

I collapsed in the last chair at the table, a sigh of relief slipping between my lips. It felt so much better to be sitting. My knees were still hurting but the pain had dulled down the moment I sat. Parker looked over at me worried.

"I fell on the way here."

"Are you alright? Maybe we should go back to the house," he said, with slight uncertainty in his voice. Theodore nodded along. 

"My knees hurt but I'm fine. We don't need to go back if you don't want to."

"I think it would be for the best," Theo said maturely. 

Damn. I didn't think he knew what the mature even was. Yet here he was acting like a sophisticated young man. I wonder how long this will last. 

I laughed quietly to myself, getting weird glances from the two brothers. 

"We can go." I stood up and winced in pain. 

"I got you cupcake," Parker walked up behind me and picked me up, carrying me out bridal style. He placed me in the car and we drove back to his parents' house. Once we pulled up, Parker carried me inside and up to our room, where he placed me on the bed gently. He then went to the bathroom, grabbing the first aid kit. He cleaned up my knees and all I could do was watch in amazement. 

"Julie," he sighed. "There something I needed to tell you."

He was slightly nervous as he took a shaky breath. He sat on the bed beside me and I placed my hand over his own, trying to reassure him. I waited for him to build up the courage to tell me what he wanted to say. 

"I love you and you don't see it. Or at least you haven't given me any hints or whatever you girls do. I've done all this stuff for you. I gave you that book about all the things I love about you. I would do anything for you. All I want is for you to be happy. Tell me, do you love me?" Parker confessed. I could see the worry in his eyes but also the slight happiness.

"I-I," I stuttered. 

Why is my mouth not working when I need it the most? 

"Okay," disappointment clear in his eyes. The way he looked made my heartbreak. "I need some time," he said before he turned his back to me and started walking away. 

"So you don't want to hear how much I love you?" I said. He stopped immediately and looked over his shoulder. He did a little happy dance and ran over to me. He picked me up and spun me around. After a while, he placed me down and pulled me close.

"I love you, Parker Sands. Always will," I promised him.

"It's the truth you know, I am so fucking in love with you I don't know how my heart hasn't exploded yet," he laughed.

The Truth