5. The New Guy

Emma Golway above ⬆

"Hey, Cupcake," Parker says.

"Sup," I reply.

"I have to get to class," I say and walk away. I turn around and blow him a kiss. He catches and moves it to his heart then places it on his lips. He also sends we one. I wave and go to my first class, Math. My teacher, Mr. Wilson was in the classroom at his desk, asleep. Wow. What a great teacher. I head to the back of the room and sit in a seat next to the window. As I was daydreaming, the song Want U Back playing in my ear I hear,

"Hey," I turn to see who is speaking, "Is this seat taken?"

I shake my head no.

"Thanks"

"No problem," I respond. I go back to daydreaming.

"So, I'm Sam," he bothers me.

"And I'm daydreaming," I retort.

"Wow. You're funny," he laughs.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Because you're sitting next to me."

"When is class over?"

"Oh. We can leave anytime we want. Mr. Wilson asleep and won't notice."

"Well then, goodbye," I walk out the room with care in the world about Sam. But sadly I feel someone put their hands on my shoulders. I turn around to see Sam.

"Go away,"

"Why?" He questions.

"Because I said so."

"So?" For real Sam go away.

"That means I can bust you up," I say with my arms folded across my chest and my lips in a smirk.

"You don't have to be so mean," he mumbles.

"No, but I like to" I walk away but he catches up with me and we walk together. The bell rings indicating next class, which for me is Science. I'm questing Sam has Science as well with the direction he was going.

"Don't you have friends?" I question.

"No." 

"Why?"

"Because I'm new."

"Well, then why are you here?"

"Grand theft auto."

"Nice, I've never been caught stealing cars before. Or stealing anything for that matter."

"Then why are you here?"

"Let's just say, some shit happened."

"Okay."

"Why are you still talking to me?"

"Because you were talking with me."

"Well I'm done talking, so," I make a shooing motion with my hands. 

"What has your panties in a wad? I know, your boyfriend forgot to tell you good morning. No, no. Your daddy bought you a dress but it was the wrong shade of white. I got it, you were cut off because you're a spoiled brat who doesn't know how the world works. You were probably put in here because one of your boyfriends were tired of your shit and you didn't like being thrown away so you got dramatic," he laughed. Before he has time to react I lung at him.

"You." Punch. "Don't." Punch. "Fucking." Punch. "Know." Punch. "Me." Crunch.

"Asshole," I say and get off him. I walk to Parker I see in the distance. Everyone parting giving me a clear path. With the scary look on my face, I would too. I push past Parker and kick a locker leaving a dent.

"What are you all looking at?" I yell at everyone staring at me. They all go back to what they were doing.

"Cupcake," I hear Parker say gently.

"What," the anger clear in my voice.

"What's happening," his voice sincere and soft.

"He. Stupid. Idiot. Annoying. Asshole. Ugh," I point to Sam because I can't seem to make a proper sentence.

"What did he do?" Parker asked glaring at him.

"It's stupid, I handled it," I sigh. Sam shouldn't bother me again.

"Okay. If that's what you want," Parker looks at me. His eyes honest and caring. "I could kick his ass, easily," Parker says trying to let him hit Sam.

I place a hand on his forearm.  "No," I say softly.

After my anger had cooled off never saw sam that day. He probably went home to rest from the beating I gave him. I went out to the mall to eat lunch because at school it tastes like crap. As I was crossing the street I tripped, yeah tripped. To save me from falling was someone walking the opposite direction.

"Thanks," I said dusting myself off.

"No problem. I've seen you before. Do you to Beachshore?" the stranger askes.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah," he replies.

A car honks his horn and I give the guy an apologetic smile. The stranger and I walk towards the mall together.

"I'm Caleb," he sticks his hound out.

"Julie," I place my hand in his and he gives it a firm shake.

We walk into the mall and have lunch. We talk about anything and everything that didn't have to do with school.

I know new guy and I are going to be good friends.

The New Guy