2. The Move

"Pack a bag," Sharma says, out of the blue.

"Fine," I reply. I don't know where I'm going but if I get to leave this place I'm up for it. I finish packing and head into the living room with Gravity right behind me.

"Let's go," Sharma says right as I walk into the living room.

"Okay?" I reply not sure of what to say.

We exit the house with Gravity's bed and leash in hand. I had already packed the rest of Gravity's stuff in my bag along with my clothes, posters, and prank equipment. Sharma opens the taxi door and gestured for me to get in and took my bags and put them in the trunk. I closed my door then placed Gravity in the seat next to me.

After about twenty minutes of me downloading Tumblr pictures we reached the airport. I wonder where I'm going. I exit the taxi to be met by a fifty-year-old man. He had graying hair, a neat suit, and an earpiece. He took my bag and I followed not knowing where to go. We walked up to the United Airline counter. I got my boarding pass and went to our gate. My mysterious bodyguard says nothing all the way to the gate. We head into the plane and take our seats.

After five hours and fifty-five minutes of flying we land and get into a Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class. It was black with four doors. We drive for about nine minutes with no traffic, we arrive at a beach house. It's beautiful with some lights on. We enter with me looking for the owner of the house and wondering why I'm here when I already know the answer. Sharma didn't want me anymore. We walk into the living room to see a beautiful blond woman with blue eyes and a handsome young man with dirty blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. He looks like a jock probably plays football. "Well, hi. I'm Jenna Renals. And this is my son, Brian," the lady, Jenna, says. I extend my hand for her to shake and she gives me this unexpected bear hug. I pat her back awkwardly. "Your room's this way," Brain says ending the hug, thankfully. Brian takes my bags away from bodyguard man.

"My room?" I asked. I have no idea why I asked when I know why I'm here.

"Yeah, you're staying with us."

"Okay," I respond follow with Gravity in my arms.

He takes me into this huge room with pink walls and big windows. The dressers are decorated with seashells and a little rope, to give it a beachy look.

"We're going to have to do something about the walls," I said looking at my pink walls. I hate pink. I want my walls to be a nice teal.

"What do you mean? They're pink. Girls love pink," Jenna gives me a confused look.

"The walls are pink and that's the problem. I hate pink. Could you make them a teal?"

"Um, well, okay, I guess. But are you sure you-" she started.

"I'm sure." I cut her off.

Everyone leaves my room and I start to unpack. Gravity is in my bed chasing her tale. She's so cute. I put all my clothes into the dressers. I put my leather jackets into to the closet, I hang up my posters and place my prank stuff underneath my bed.

All I want to do know is sleep but Gravity has other ideas. She's wagging her tail while holding her leash with her mouth. As we leave my room I run into Brian, literally. He gives me a questioning look before smirking. What is he up to? I remember that I left my door wide open. What if someone goes in? I hate it when people are in my room. It feels like they are invading my privacy. I rush back dropping Gravity's leash having her run after me. I reach my room with no signs of disturbance. I go inside and lock the door and also place the key inside the keyhole to make sure no one can get in. We head out the window which leads to a balcony. It's not too high up. I'm on the second floor. I head back to my room and open my suitcase. I take out a curled up ladder, I have it just in case I needed it. I lower Gravity down my her leash and let her chase her tail. Then I climb down the ladder myself.

By now it's night and Gravity and I are walking down the beach. Gravity's running around off leash. She goes up to the water but when the waves come in she runs away and does it over and over again. I take a seat in the sand, watching the ocean reflect the moon. We head back to the Renals' house. We head inside and go to sleep.

The next morning I'm woken up by Gravity licking my face and someone banging the door. "I'm awake. Now go away." I yell and the banging stops. I check myself in the mirror. My hair is perfect. It's light brown and waving. I grab a jacket and some dark jeans with a red cropped shirt before heading to the kitchen. On the bar table is some pancakes with a note,

You woke up late so we left. Our school is called Beach Shore High School. Tom will escort you there in the car of your choice. See you there. - Brian

I eat my pancakes and take Gravity and she does her business in the yard before I put her back inside.

I head towards the garage to see, who I presume, Tom. I take a look at the endless amount of cars. I end up picking a Mustang convertible. I take the keys off the hook and get into the driver's seat with Tom sitting next to me. I put down the top and ask Tom for directions.

We get to my new high school in about five minutes. I park the car and put the top up and head to the admissions office. Tom heads across the street to a mall. The lady at the desk asked my name, made me sign something and gave me my schedule, locker number, and combination and where my first class was. I head over to my locker and emptied my sling bag. It had lots of snacks. My locker had some dividers and stands. As if the person here before just left them for me. I headed for my first class, which was homeroom. When I get to class I heard lots of chatter then silence. Everyone was staring at me. To break the silence I popped a gum bubble. Everyone went back to their conversations and I went to sit in the back. I was on my phone when I heard the door fling open. It wasn't the teacher.

I moved all the way across the country.

The Move