15. The Return

Nick LaDouge above ⬆

I walked down the street to the local grocery store as I hummed a tune. Parker had left to spend the day with Theo. He had left me at the house but in the whole kitchen, there wasn't an ounce of food.

So here I was opening the door to the grocery store. The smells of the freshly baked pastries filled my nose as I wandered farther into the store. Parker had left his credit card if I wanted to go out. I picked out some yogurts and a bottle of milk. I kept walking down the isles until I find the vegetables. I grabbed some basic things carrots, celery, kale, garlic, and onions. I got some common spices as well. I then headed to the meat and poultry section. I grabbed some chicken then left to cashier desk. I waited my turn before looking at the cashier. A gasp escaped my lips as I studied the face in front of me and read the name tag.

Nick LaDouge

His name bringing back memories. He was the one I let myself too for the first time. Big mistake. I was fifteen and I got drunk. I was at a party and just let loose.

"Nick?" I spoke grabbing his attention.

"Julie? Is that really you?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "It's good to see you again," I lied. I never wanted to see his face again.

"Yeah. I thought about you a lot after our night together," he smiled. Oh crap.

"Really?" I asked. Why did he have to be here?

"Yeah, you were gone before I woke up and I've missed you ever since."

"Well, uh," I started but was cut off by the guy behind me.

"I'm sorry to ruin your reunion be people are waiting here," said the guy behind me.

"I'm sorry," I said waiting for Nick to finish before handing him my card to swipe it.

"Parker Sands? What is he? New foster brother or something?" he asked with a bit of jealousy in his voice.

"No, he's my boyfriend," I stated. Making it clear I was unavailable.

"Oh," he said his voice full of jealousy.

I went to grab my bag but not before I saw Nick slide a piece of paper into the bag.

"It's my number," he said with a cocky smile.

"No thank you," I replied kindly. I really want to slap that smile off his face. I reached into the bag and pulled out the paper with his number on it. His face changed so quickly as it went to from cocky smile to rage. Honestly, I was scared. I practically ran out of the store.

Once I was outside I texted Parker, Just left the store. You home?

He replied, Just got back. I'll be there in a second to help you.

I didn't need his help but I wasn't going to argue because he was just going to come anyway. I was putting my phone back into my pocket when I was tugged ruffly, back into the wall of a building. Whoever tugged me back, had a strong grip on me making it impossible to escape. I looked up and it was Nick. He smashed his lips to mine and I tried moving my head but he bit down on my lip, hard. I opened my mouth in pain but his tongue slipped into my mouth, making me feel absolutely disgusting. I could feel the tears running down my cheeks. As I'm about to stop struggling Nick is ripped off me. I fall to the floor and rub my hand over my lips, trying to get rid of him. Nick is punched over and over until he stopped moving. The man punching him turns around and looks at me. I have tears running down my cheeks and blood coming out my bottom lip where Nick bit me. Parker instantly comes and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back just as tight.

"I'm here now," he whispers, trying to soothe me. He whips my tears and I nod my head in understanding. I pick up my grocery bags giving them to Parker as I don't want to touch what Nick touched. I pick up my phone from the floor and started walking back to the house. If you saw me now you never would've guessed I was harassed. I didn't want Parker to touch me now. When I was at my lowest. I felt like the scum at the bottom of someone's shoe. Disgusting, used, and just plain gross.

I opened the door to the house and went up the stairs to my room. I turned on the shower, got rid of my clothes and stepped in. I sank to my knees and cried. I cried to get rid of all of the fear and anger at what had been done to me. I felt so weak and helpless. I felt all the strength and power I once had was drained out of me.

Once I was done I stepped out of the shower and changed. I went down the stairs into the kitchen to cook dinner. I saw Parker sitting on one of the dining chairs reading a book. I didn't feel like talking to him but I didn't want to feel this alone.

"Hey," I said quietly but he still heard me.

"Hi, Cupcake," he replied. He set his book down and stood up. He started walking towards me and placed his hand out but I flinched away. I could see the hurt flash through his face but I ignored it because I was caught up in my own thoughts. When his hand went to my face all I could remember was Nick's hands touching me. The thought brought fresh tears to my eyes and a growing pain in my chest at the hurt that flashed across Parkers face. When I looked back at him my wall fell and I let the tears fall. I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same for me.

This would've been the perfect vacation for the two of us if he didn't return.

The Return