3. The Reencounter

The door was swung open and made a loud thump as it hit the wall. I don't really care who just entered the room so I put my headphones on, opened Spotify to listen to No Promises, and put up my hoodie. Sadly, the person that entered the room came my direction. I was hoping that this person was just walking to someone else, but no. He comes up to me and says, "Doll," I cringe at the name, "You're sitting in my seat."

Everyone goes silent and stares, of course, I mean who doesn't like drama.

All I can do is smile, I keep it simple and give this person an, "Uh- huh."

I'm not really interested in what this guy has to say. I'm too busy on Instagram looking at my old friend from Elementary, Emily. She's happy, has a boyfriend, Andrew. He's a nice guy and is lucky to have her. This mystery guy clears his throat and says, " Well Doll this is your time to move," his voice sounds familiar.

I will not let this guy move me out of my spot. I get up, with my head down, "Look I don't know you and I don't care. Get out of my face and I won't hurt you. Got it?" I clench my fists really to hit this guy in the nose.

"You hurt me?" he chuckled. This is it. I lifted my fist and hit him right in the nose. Everyone gasps. I lifted my head to see the bloody scene then I realized who it is. It's Parker. I punched the second person in the world who was nice to me, Parker Sands.

"Parker?" I say a little shocked by how he acted. Everyone gasps again.

"Julie?" he responds a little confused himself to why I'm here.

"I thought you were a decent guy but it turns out you're a jerk like everyone else." I shove him towards another guy and walk out the classroom with my hands in my pockets and my hoodie up. Parker was cute, kind, and sweet to me but he ended up being a jerk who thought he could tell others what to do. But he can't, I won't let him.

I hear footsteps behind me. Someone then puts a hand on my shoulder and turns me around. It's a less bloody Parker. I take out my headphones.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"Right," I say sarcastically.

"I am. I shouldn't have treated you like that."

"No. Not just me. You don't have the right to talk to people like that. Parker you, you were decent. But then you do this. You treat me like I don't matter. You give me an order like I'm supposed to follow. I'm no pushover and never will be. You talk to someone like that again and I will hit you so many times that cute face of yours with be as dark as night. You catch my drift?"

"I understand," his eyes sad but then his lips form a smirk. "So you think I have a cute face?"

"You are unbelievable," I laugh. "And yes you do have a cute face," I say as he moves in closer. His chest against mine. I can feel his minty breath on my cheek. He leans in but I have other plans. "I don't kiss till the second date," I whisper into his ear. I smile as I work my way out the front door but before I leave I hear Parker say, "Damn"

I head over to the mall I saw Tom head to. I find him in Wendy's ordering stuff. I make it to him just in time to order my own food. " I would like four-piece spicy chicken nuggets with a plain cheeseburger with fries and water. Oh and vanilla ice cream. Thanks." the cashier gives Tom a confused look. Then he nods confirming the order. After a few minutes of waiting, Toms asks me, "Why aren't you in school?"

"Oh you know, reasons that are along the lines that I punched a guy that was actually nice to me." I sigh at how stupid it sounds.

"Was he at least a jerk?" Tom asks as he hands me my ice cream.

"Yeah. And I was in school for less than ten minutes and I punched someone. That's a new record. That's the shortest amount of time that it took me to hit someone." I smile at my accomplishment.

"Well, are you going to school tomorrow?" Tom says as he takes a bite of his chicken sandwich.

"I guess," I say as a shrug and get some ketchup for my nuggets.

We exit the mall after we finished our food and went shoe shopping. I got a few pairs of high-heel boots and converses. We got into the car that I know call my own. I turn up the radio that is now playing Replay. We head to the beach house after wandering around LA for hours. By the time we make it back it's round two. So schools just got out. I don't know what I should do now. I decide to take Gravity on a walk to the school and back. On the way back, because I'm lazy, we will most likely take the bus. I put Gravity's leash on, took off my leather jacket, got my skateboard and we are on our way.

We make it to the school at around two-thirty. There are only a few cars in the lot. They probably belong to people that work at the school. I see a blue Cadillac like Parker's car. Someone places their hands on my waist and pulls me into their chest. It's warm and Gravity is at my feet wagging her tail, sitting with her tongue hanging out.

It's like I'm recounting a scene from a romance movie.

The Reencounter