6. The Friend

Julie Reddington above ⬆

After I learned that Caleb goes to my school he's always been by my side. It's such a coincidence that we have almost all the same classes. But my go-to guy will always be Parker or so I thought so. Let's start from the beginning.

It was a normal day, I saw Parker and glared at Sam. I had lunch with Caleb and Parker tried to steal my lunch, again. It looks like Caleb and Parker were friends and I just sat there looking stupid as they laughed at me. Rude. When it was time for next class I got up and stepped on both of their feet, using all my weight.

"What is wrong with you?" Caleb yelled at me.

All I did was give them a shrug, "Everything."

When I was on my way to class there was a huge circle of people, probably looking at a fight. Yes, a fight, because that's normal. I push past people to see who's fighting. It's Joey from my English class. He was fighting against some girl with short white-blond hair. What an idiot, doesn't he know you can never win in a fight against a girl? This is sad. I go in between the two to stop this fight.

"Enough," I yell. They both stand straight and look at me.

I turn to Joey and ask, "What's wrong with you? Why are you fighting a girl?"

"I know I shouldn't hit a girl but-" he started.

"That's not what I meant." I put my hands up in exasperation, "I mean you are always going to lose. Especially to girls in the school. The school is for the bad and the worse."

"What the fu-"

"Run! Or else," I cut him off.

"O- okay," he stutters.

"And you," I turn to the girl, my teeth clenched.

"What," she says in a bored tone.

"Pick on someone your own size."

"Fine," she answers. She lunges at me but somehow I get her into a headlock.

"That was a mistake," I say.

"Let go of me," she struggles.

"Okay," I say again, letting her out of the headlock.

"Who do you think you are, anyway?"

"Oh, me? Me, I'm Julie, Julie Reddington," I answer and smirk. I'm very well known amongst the students. They know not to mess with me. I can be, unpredictable.

"You- Your Julie Reddington. Like the one from Ne- New York Hi- High," she stutters again.

"Hell yeah," I answered smugly. I say, "Are you afraid of me?"

"M- Me afr- afraid. N-no. I- I just, um," she stuttered again. Like be confident, I thought. "Have mercy, don't hurt me," she says softly.

"Girl, please. I don't need to hurt you. It would be a waste of energy, anyway."

"Thank God," she says under her breath.

I clear my throat, "Don't you all have a class to go to." Everyone who was watching scattered like bees.

"Why didn't you hurt me?"

"Because I'm better than that."

"But I deserve it. I'm not a good person."

"None of us are that's why we're here."

"Cupcake! Julie," I hear Parker's voice, filled with concern.

"I'm here, with..." I answer Parker, looking at the mystery girl so I can have her name.

"My name is Emma Golway," she says so softly I almost don't hear her.

"I'm here with Emma Golway, Parker."

"Oh my gosh, I've been looking for you forever. You had me so worried. I don't like to be worried. And then I heard what went down between a girl and Joey. I thought it was you. Don't ever scare me like that again."

I give Parker a peck on the cheek, "Never, I promise you."

Later that day, I was walking home when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I spoke into my phone.

"I love you," Caleb says.

"That's good for you, do you need anything?"

"No, just wanted to hear your voice."

"Puh-lease. What do you want?"

"You know the science homework," he trails off,

"Yes, I will do it for you, bye" with that, I hung up.Caleb can be so weird most of the time. As I continued walking I saw Emma ahead of me. I caught up with her and we spoke till we had to part ways.

That day I made a new friend. Once I got back home I went into my room and slept. I slept until six-thirty the next morning. I got out of bed took a shower, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, got dressed and went downstairs. I have some leftover pizza for breakfast and get into my new car.

As I'm heading into school I hear Parker say, "Julie Reddington is the girl of my dreams, man. She's hot, like smoking hot. She has a beautiful heart and even more beautiful eyes. I think I'm gonna ask her out. Ahh, she's the one, she's the one for me."

Parker wants to ask me out on a date. This makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside all day. I even made up with Sam. Things are going great. That was until school ended and I had to stay back to talk to the principle about joining the basketball team. It turns out that since I'm a senior I would have to try out for the boys' team since there's not girl senior team. As I'm about to leave I see Parker making out with some girl. My heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces.

"Parker?" I question not wanting it to be true.

"Julie," he pushes the girl off him, "This is not what it looks like."

He doesn't truly like me. I was such an idiot to ever believe such a thing. "There's nothing to worry about. I guess I got the wrong idea. I thought you had actual feelings for me, with the date and all," I say with my head looking at the ground, fighting tears.

"You- You heard that," Parker scratches the back of his neck.

"Bye Parker," I said and with that, I walk out, got into my car and drove. The tears clouding my vision and I ran into a pole a few miles away from the school. I could hear the ambulance. That's the last thing I remember.

Parker broke my heart.

I thought he was someone who wouldn't hurt me. I thought he was my friend.

The Friend