7. The Crying

Brian Renals above ⬆

I woke up in the hospital with Jenna sleeping on a chair and Brain beside me checking his phone. I can see Emma, Caleb, and Parker all standing outside my room. I didn't want to see Parker, ever. "Brain," I called him.

"Yeah?" His eyes shot up to me.

"Don't make me see him."

"What?"

"Don't make me see him. Parker. I'm not ready."

"Ok, I won't," he says and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you," I say and go back to sleep.

It has been a few days since I have been released from the hospital. I haven't gone to school. Jenna advised me to go tomorrow since she must go on a business trip. I don't want to go, I don't want to face him. But what can I do? I'll just hang with Brain, Caleb, and Emma. Hopefully, Caleb won't try and make me talk to Parker. I just need my space, you know.

The next day I head to school in my amazing car. Tom, being Tom, won't stop telling me he can drive me to school. He says and I quote, ' It's my job. It's fine. Let me drive you.' I can drive myself to school, thank you.

I got there an hour before school started. It's at school early, it's peaceful and quiet. I walk up to my locker and grab my books for class. I saw Emma sitting on the bench in front of the school. Of course, because she is my friend, I walked over to her and greeted her, "Hey, Emma."

"Hey, Julie."

"What are you doing here so early?"

"So there's this boy I like I'm our grade, Tyler, and overheard that he likes someone."

"Is that the reason you're here?"

"No, I just wanted to get out of my house."

"What's up beautiful ladies?" I hear Caleb ask behind me.

"Caleb, you don't need to tell me I'm beautiful because I already know it," I say and add a hair flip. Emma and I just can't control our laughter.

"Whatever," Caleb says.

The school day went by fast. I didn't see Parker. It kind of made my sad. I wanted to talk to him. Does he hate me or something? No, he can't. I should hate him. He kissed her. He kissed her. Why am I thinking about Parker? I should stop wasting my brain cells on him. But I miss him, a lot. I want him back. I should have never shut him out. He means too much. I was brought out of my thoughts by yelling. I saw Emma beside me with a disgusted look on her face. The yelling was getting closer. Two people came around the corner, it was Parker and that girl. "Miranda," I heard Emma.

"What?" I replied.

"The girl, it's Miranda. She's always throwing herself on Parker. She'll kiss him but lately, he's been pushing her off him. He wants nothing to do with her but she just can't get the message. Plus, she's a total witch."

"Miranda! Get away from me. I don't want anything to do with you," Parker shouts.

"But Parker, I love you," Miranda whines.

"Well that's too bad because I don't love you," Parker says

"This is just sad," I say shaking my head. "Hey, babe," I say to Parker with a kiss on a cheek.

"And who are you?" Miranda asked bitterly.

"Oh, hi. I'm Parker's girlfriend, Julie," I smile and out of the corner of my eye I see Parker staring at me with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Come on babe. We have a date to get to," Parker says and grabs my hand and pulls me to his car. He opens the door for me and I sit down. He walks over to his side of the car, in that time I look out the front window so see Miranda with a shocked face and giving dirty looks. In return, I give her sweet smile.

The ride was silent. I wanted to talk. I wanted to cry. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to do a whole lot of things. "Why did you kiss her?" it just slipped out. Stupid, stupid, stupid me.

"What?" Parker questions, parking the car on the side of the road by a forest.

"Nothing."

"I didn't."

"What?" I said looking into his eyes.

"I didn't kiss her. She pushed herself on me. I was about to push her off when you came. Then I heard you were in the hospital and I was in my car speeding towards you. I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shut you out. I didn't want to. I wanted to," I trailed off.

"You what?"

"Apologize. I can't wait any longer, go on a date with me," I said. What the heck did I just say?

"No, you don't deserve me. You don't want me. No."

"No?"

"No."

"Do you even like me?" I asked tears in my eyes.

The hesitation. It looked like he wanted to tell me something but decided against it. "No."

That's it I got out of the car and ran. I ran into the woods away from him. I heard him yelling at me. He didn't like me. He didn't care for me. I cared for him so much. I'm falling for him, hard. and he just used me. He bought me a new skateboard. I opened up to him. I let him in. I'm so stupid to think we'd be anything more than just friends if that's even what we are. All those moments we spent together meant nothing. I just kept running. I ran till I came to a cliff. Below the cliff, there was a lake. I sat down on the ledge and cried. I thought about jumping but that would be me giving up and I'm not one to give up. So I'm going to fight. But before I fight I'm gonna cry. I cried like the time I heard my parents were never coming back.

I just couldn't stop crying.

The Crying