13. The Deal

Parker Sands above ⬆

(imagine him with brown eyes lol)

I walked onto Parker's private jet and took a seat by the window as he placed the bags in the overhead compartments. Today was the worst day for me. It's the anniversary of my parent's death. I just want to cuddle with Gravity and cry over a couple boxes of pizza and tubs of vanilla ice cream with caramel and chocolate drizzle.

I let a yawn escape my lips as it was around one on a Monday morning. I had spent the whole weekend with Parker at the cabin. I had Emma pick up Gravity and have them spend some quality time together. I swear that girl likes my dog more than she likes me. I told Jenna and Brian that I was at Emma's house. I also warned Emma about Brian probably calling to check up on me, so that's one problem solved.

We were due back on Saturday but I was probably going to say something rude and get us kicked out. Not that I would care. Those people are the definition of rude, mean, and snobby. I'm just happy that Parker and Theodore didn't end up like them.

"Parker?" I ask with watery eyes.

"Yeah. Whats wrong Cupcake?"

"It's a hard day for me. Can we not talk about it?" I plead. Sadly, some tears escape my eyes.

"Cupcake, talk to me," Paker says with a gentle look on his face.

"It's the anniversary of the day they left me. The day my life changed forever. The day I learned they were never coming back," I cried.

"I'm sorry. I just wish I would've known. I wish I could do more. Come here, baby," Parker opens his arms to me. I climb out of my seat and head right across from me to sit on Parker's lap.

"I'm sorry too. I should've told you earlier but it's hard for me. I don't like to talk about it," I say and look out the window. I rest my head on Parker's shoulder and he pulls me closer, looking at me with his puppy-dog eyes.

"What?" I say once I finally give in.

"No more crying please?" he asked.

"Yeah sure," I roll my eyes. He smiles so brightly and I feel a small one appearing on my face. I start to wipe the tears from my face.

"I wish my mom and dad were here to tell me what to do. To tell me what to do when you meet your boyfriend's parents who already hate you. Or what to do when you're upset because you have barely anyone or anything to comfort you since your real family is gone. You don't have anyone to let your anger out on because you don't want to be the broken girl anymore. You want to be better and be the girl your parents would've wanted you to be," I sighed.

"You're that person. You're strong, brave, and beautiful. Your parents would be proud because I'm proud," Parker said. I give him a genuine, thankful smile. I look out the window and watch the clouds go by. This whole time I didn't realize we had taken off.

After about 5 hours of flying, we arrived in New York. This place brings back memories. I remember going on the subway and just riding. Eating pizza while sitting at a bus stop. But in all my memories I wasn't happy, genuinely happy like I am now. With Parker, I feel as if I can make new memories, happy memories.

I'm boughten out of my memories by Parker asking for my hand. I give him a smile and take his hand. We walk out of the jet and onto the runway. Parker leads me to a black limousine.

I wonder if Parker's parents would like me more if I was an uneducated, little suck-up girl. That would do anything for their approval. Why am I thinking about this? I don't need their kindness. I have enough from my family, friends, and Parker.

I walk out of the limousine with Parker's hand in mine. I walk ahead while he gets our bags. I'm so mean, I don't even help. I guess this is revenge for bringing me to see his parents. He's so mean, he guilted me into coming. Well, it's not like I wanted to be away from him. I head inside the tall building. It's themed black and white with a white staircase. "Loverboy, are your parents staying here?"

"Nope. It's just us Cupcake. All alone to do anything we want," says Parker slowly, looking into the distance. I just roll my eyes and walk up the stairs. I never want to know what goes through that boy's mind.

"I call the best bedroom," I say and go through the whole house. I walk all the way to the fourth floor to the loft. There's a king size bed on the left, right over that there's a window facing the front of the house. I walk over to the window and see the sight. It's nothing special, a few building from across the street. It still makes me smile because I know somewhere in the distance, where I can't see, there's something beautiful and I'm going to go find it.

I feel a hand wrap around my waist and a head on my shoulder. I smile creeps on my face as I take in his scent cinnamon and mint. "Hey babe," I say softly.

"Hey. What are you doing?" Parker asks.

"Nothing much, just looking out the window."

"Why?"

"Because this is my room and I want to see the view."

"Your room?"

"Yes. My room Parker. It even has its own bathroom," I say and look over to the right to see a big bathroom with a huge bathtub and shower.

"Not our room?" he pouts.

"No. My room. You can have the couch on the bottom floor."

"What? How are you more important than me? What if I want this room?"

"Then too bad because I love this room."

"Okay, you can have it. On one condition."

"What?" I say and turn around in his hold to see his handsome face.

"I get to stay here when I want to," he says.

"But then it's not my room. Then it's our room," I whine.

"Exactly," he smiles and that breaks the last of my resolve.

"Fine," I say.

"Fine?" he asked.

"Fine," I laugh at the cute expression on his face.

"It's a deal."

The Deal