☤ 𝐸𝐿𝐸𝒱𝐸𝒩 ☤

•DARK AND TWISTY•

•DARK AND TWISTY•

Sunday, June 13th, 2010 . . . 7:34 A.M.

When morning came around, the sun barely peeked through the heavy clouds. The swirling grey puffs seemed to linger from the night before, making the day appear dreary and dark. At least, that's what most thought when they caught a glimpse of the sky above. The dark clouds seemed to stretch for miles, almost never-ending as they cast a dull grey filter over the city of Seattle. Overall, the appearance of the sky made most everyone's day sour.

As for Genevieve, she didn't need the clouds. Her day would be gloomy with or without the bleak looking sky. She came to that conclusion during the night while she was lost in her twisted thoughts. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't sleep. Her mind raced all night until the sky perked up with the dull light of day, and still when morning came around the pestering thoughts continued to swirl through her mind, much like the dark grey clouds that threatened to spill rain. It was only a matter of time before she snapped and sprung a leak herself.

Her mind continued to wander as she watched out the window. She couldn't help but think about how drastic of a turn her life's taken. A few months ago she was a world-renowned surgeon. A busy schedule was what she lived for, what she revolved around. She did surgery after surgery, consult after consult. That was her life, and her life was her work, but now she found herself deprived of it, even though she was surrounded by it all hours of the day.