ɴᴏᴛ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ

"ᴀᴍ ɪ ᴀsᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ? ɪ'ᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ's ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ʏᴇᴀʜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ"

~sʜᴀᴡɴ ᴍᴇɴᴅᴇs 'ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ'

One Month Prior

It was only fifteen minutes to closing. For the last month I've been suffering from headaches and my ears feel like they've been heighten, it's like I can always hear whispering but I can never make out what they're saying.

Stressfully yanking the scrunchy off my wrist I pulled my hair out of my face and into a ponytail.

"You sure you don't wanna head home kid?" My boss said walking out of his office and over to the register.

"It's fine we're almost closing." I said as the bell above the door rang.

Turning to see who walked in I was a little surprised.

"Look what the cat dragged in." I said blinking heavily as a sharp pain was sent to my ears.

"It's been a while." He said awkwardly walking towards the counter.

"Well it's not like you had an obligation, it's not like we were friends I'm just a kid in high school who serves coffee at night and your-" I went to say but he stopped me.

"I broke up with Leah." He said sitting down the a frown.

"Oh Sam I'm so sorry, she was a nice girl well I mean I only really met her when she yelled in my face for thinking I was sleeping with you but-" I went on and he stopped me again.

"You're rambling." He said and I smiled.

"Oh you love it." I said and he smiled but that quickly faded when I shouted out in pain.

"Whoa whats the matter?" He asked rushing around the counter and to my side.

"I don't know I just-I keep hearing whispers and then I'll get hear a scream and it feels like fire in my ears." I explained holding a hand over one of my ears.

Sam looked to her with a sympathetic look, the elders told him about her after he turned just a mere month ago. That was why he stopped coming by, he was scared to get to close to anyone. He pushed everyone away Leah, Emily. But as Emily and him started accepting the imprint she convinced him to go see Lydia, he knew Sam had only known her for a month but they were already like best friends.

"Oh Lyds you should go to the doctor." Sam said not knowing how else to direct the conversation.

"What so they can tell me I'm crazy? I'm hearing things Sam, screams and whispers." I said in a hush tone, surprising trusting the man I hadn't seen in two months.

"Sorry man we gotta close." My boss said from the register as he turned off the open sign.

"Okay. Stop by the Rez sometime Lyd, I missed hanging out with you." Sam said putting on his coat.

"We'll see don't be a stranger." I said and he smiled as he opened the door and turned back.

"Never again." He said before leaving the coffee shop.

After closing the store I began walking towards the parking lot.

Hearing a loud scream I grabbed my ears in pain as I dropped to the floor.