ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘs

"ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ" 

~ᴊᴀsᴏɴ ᴍʀᴀᴢ 'ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ'

I woke up in the small guest bedroom at Sam and Emily's house. I pulled the blanket off that covered me and went to get out of bed when I saw Paul on the floor.

Choosing to let him rest I stepped around him to grab my phone off the dresser.

My phone was flooded with tons of messages from the Cullen's, apparently Bella was in the hospital with a broken leg and a bunch of other injuries.

As I quickly attempted to put my shoes on I saw Paul start to stir in his sleep.

"Paul. Paul. Wake up." I said shaking him slightly causing him to wake.

"Another fight with your dad?" I asked and he sadly nodded.

"Come to my house next time, we'll eat food and watch movies." I said and he smiled as I walked over to grab my bag.

"You running off already?" He asked.

"Apparently shit went down and the Cullen's killed the tracker but Bella got hurt in the process so I'm heading to the hospital." I said and he nodded.

"I'll see you later then. Good luck." Paul said and I sent him a smile before leaving.

"Bella I knew you were uncoordinated but this is an all time low." I said walking into her room causing her dad to chuckle.

"Chief Swan." I said and he smiled.

"Call me Charlie. You must be Lydia. Bells and Noah's boy talk so highly of you." He said and I smiled.

"So how are you Bells." I said stealing her dads nickname.

"Eh. I've been better." She said and I chuckled.

"I guess that means we won't dancing at prom." I said and she chuckled.

"Like I'd ever be dancing." She said and I chuckled as the door opened.

"Dr. Cullen." Charlie said nodding at Carlisle as he walked in.

"Charlie." He said with a polite smile.

"Edward was looking for you." He said to me and I nodded.

"I'll be back." I said lightly touching her hand before walking out into the hallway.

Ed was leaning against the wall right by the door to Bella's room. He looked devastated.

"I thought I wasn't going to be able to stop." He said quietly his eyes resting on the floor.

"I could have killed her." He said and I sighed.

"But you didn't Ed, you saved her life." I said and he finally looked up.

"After putting it in danger! You were right Lydia, I should've never-" He went to say but I stopped him.

"Don't-we do what we can. We aren't perfect Ed. Human are not, we do our best." I said before hugging the man before me.

Arriving outside of the school I was all ready for Prom. Last night Josh called and said something had come up so he'd meet me here.

I sat on a bench waiting for him to show but after fifteen minutes I grew anxious. Making my way over to the payphone I frustratedly put a quarter in before dialing.

"Yellow." He said picking up the phone but had cars in the background.

"Josh where are you?" I said and he stayed silent for a minute.

"Oh shit Lyds I forgot, I was just at a meeting for a new school building to replace on that burnt down in New Orleans. Someone dropped out and I had to leave right from the meeting. I'm so sorry, man I guess I really blew my shot." He said with a long sigh.

"No, that's great Josh. Really I'm so happy for you. I'll be fine just promise you'll keep in touch okay?" I said with a frown on my face.

"Of course I'll hurry back, I don't think I can stand to be without you for so long." He said with a light chuckle.

"Goodbye Josh." I breathed out.

"Goodbye Lydia." He said and we both hung up the phone.

"Well don't you look all sexy and such." Paul said walking out of the lining of the woods in a tux, carrying a corsage.

"Paul..? What are you doing?" I asked very confused by his presence.

"I'm taking my friend to a dance is that a problem?" He asked with a smirk and I shook my head.

"How did you know?" I asked referring my me being bailed on.

"He and Sam were both getting coffee when he got called into the meeting." Paul explained.

"And what would you have done if Josh didn't bail on me?" I asked Paul with a raised brow as we began to walk towards the school.

"Well then I would've had to find another sad girl who's date ditched them." He said with a smirk as I playfully nudged him.

The night went on and even though it didn't go as planned, it was still great because I always found myself around people who care about me.