-----CHAPTER ELEVEN-----

They basically dragged me towards an apartment near the college's gates. They pressed the 12th button and a voice came from a speaker next to the door.

"Who is it?"

"Joe and Holmes" Said Joe.

"What are you up to now, boys?"

"We rather much have a surprise for you!" Holmes replied.

"I'm coming down"

Few moment's later, the door clicked open and to my surprise it was Mrs Coulter, she looks down at me with hurt in her eyes. 

"Someone give me an explanation on what is going on! You're hurting the poor thing!" Mrs Coulter crouched down and patted my head, I ducked and backed away. 

I don't want to be touched by this creep!

"Marisa, This isn't just an animal, this is a changeling" Said Holmes excitedly.

"A changeling!" Mrs Coulter's eyes widen. She quickly dropped on her knees in front of me, unlatched the leather buckle, threw the muzzle cage to the side, took off the leather strap, undo the collar and the vest. 

"Shoo! Shoo! Be free! No one deserves to be trapped and enslaved!" She said as she attempted to push me away. I didn't hesitate, I ran inside the college until I was out of view from anyone and changed back to normal. "EMELINE!" I screamed as I heaved in air and exhale it.

"SAMARIA! ROSANA! ALEXINA! EMELINE! LYRA! ASRIEL!" I continued to scream, I plopped onto the floor, exhausted and scared. I didn't know what to do, I am frightened, it's like I've lost my mind or something. But the very next thing I knew for sure.

Is that . . . 

I've fainted from Exhaustion, fright, confusion and emotionally from being hurt.

<<Day passes by>>

I woke up to hear beeping, chatter and murmur. As my eyes slowly slid open, I straightaway noticed that I was in my hospital room, there was chatter on the outside of my door. I looked on the other side to see what was beeping, but I also noticed Emeline sleeping on the couch with her arms crossed. I forced myself to a sitting position, I twist my body around and grabbed my pillow then twist right back, I aimed at Emeline and threw the pillow. At first she got startled, but she realized that I'm awake.

"Oh thank goodness! You got me in a panic here" She said as she rushed to my side to hold my hand.

"Denise, what happened! I heard you screaming and everything, by the time I came outside to see what was going on, I saw Mrs Coulter carrying you, and you-you were just limp in her arms! She eventually spotted me and asked for help, she doesn't know what to do, so I guided her to the hospital ward. She even spent half the night here, in your room" said Emeline.

I pulled Emeline close to me and whispered my entire story.

Emeline pulled back and nodded.

"We have to tell someone about this" suggested Emeline.

"Not yet, she's up to something no good! We need to see more!" I said.

"Actually, speaking about 'No Goodness' She just Adopted Me, Alexina and Rosana. She wanted to have you and Samaria, but you weren't allowed to leave. If she took Samaria then you have no one." said Emeline sitting herself at the foot of my bed.

"I'll have Lyra" I said.

"No you wouldn't, she'll be coming as an assistant" Emeline shook her head.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"Today, actually, we all want to say our goodbyes to you before we leave, our bags are packed and everything." Emeline looked down. 

We both know that this will be our departure, we both knew that we would not see each other again. But I'll make sure that never happens!

"Em, I need to talk to Samaria, it's urgent!" I said as if I just remembered something important.

"Err, sure" Emeline stood up, got to the door and called for Samaria and went out. Samaria, with a sad look, shuffled into the room and closed the door behind her.

"Sam, What I am asking is a huge plot twist" I said straightaway. Samaria looked up at me.

"Denise, what are you up to?"

"We're going to pack our thing and go, there is no way they can split us all apart, plus, I don't trust that woman with either of our friends!"

"Okay, I'll do it . . . On one condition!"

"What!"

"Don't fight anything you surely know you can't handle, it's not worth the effort!"

"Deal"

"Good!"

"Now, would you kindly help me detach everything if we ought to be on time!"

Samaria followed the cables to a input, she flicked the switch off and everything within this room went offline, Samaria helped me detached everything off and out of my body. I morphed into a mouse, climbed onto her arm to her shoulder, so it looks like I was her daemon. Samaria casually walked out the room, out the hospital and ran to her dorm room, she rushed up the great staircase, down the hallway, turned a corner, got to her door, opened it and closed it, ran to her closet, opens the doors to find a small leather backpack, she cupped her hands next to her shoulders, I jumped onto her soft hands, she placed me on her bed as she rushed back and forth, things that go in the bag and out the bag.

"If we need to look casual, might as well look and act the part. I stole this horse gear from the shops and got away with it, you'll be the horse and I'll be the rider because I have the riders outfit!" said Samaria as she stuffed a lot of things into the backpack.

"Oh look at Samaria, back into her old habit that came from Bolvangar's kitchen!" I muttered, I actually saw Samaria smiling. She wasn't forcing as she always does, and this time she wasn't talking in an aggressive sarcasm, which she always does. 

Because of my idea, our lives will change for sure, we will be no longer under protection, care and shelter, but we may have little food and water with us, but I'm sure we'll find a way through. Like c'mon, we did this before! It'll be just like the old times . . .  Only half the crew has gone missing  . . .