Part 2

Dean was something I couldn't of dreamed of any better. He had model looks, his blonde hair, wavy and his piercing eyes, always slanted, like he was just staring at you. I wasn't much of a talker when we first met, and he didn't seem to mind. He always used to tell me how beautiful I was. He would run his fingers through my blonde hair, and yank at it slightly, saying he couldn't wait until I became his. At first, I would blush and turn away, not knowing what he honestly meant by that.

By my junior year in college, I had moved out of my apartment I shared with Cali, and into Deans. I no longer felt shy and prudish around him. I told him I wanted to save myself for marriage, and at first, he agreed, as long as we could still do other things. I said yes, because it wasn't because of religion. I just didn't want to give myself away so easily.

We lived together for over a year, and other things weren't enough for Dean anymore. I gave into his demands, and I gave him my virginity. I have read many romance novels, especially when you have no friends. I always expected more from the moment I lost my purity. Dean was gentle that first time. He made sure he didn't hurt me much. But, the entire time I was wishing that there was more intimacy. He would hardly look into my eyes. I felt alone for most of it, and when he finished, he rolled off of me, and laid beside me and fell asleep.

Romance with Dean was few and far between.

He'd bring me flowers sometimes, even sometimes for no reason. I felt adored at those moments. Other times, he'd forget my birthday or important things I needed him for. Like my college graduation. I told him what time he needed to be there everyday for nearly a month. He pulled me close to him, and said he wouldn't forget.

He forgot.

He actually didn't show up to my graduation on time. He made it after, when we were leaving, and even tried to play it off as if I didn't see him pull into the parking lot while Cali's mom was taking our pictures. Cali started to notice how much of a shitty boyfriend he actually was. She used to tell me all the time that I was more than welcome to come back and live with her. She practically pleaded at some points.

I always made up excuses, mostly hoping he'd snap out of being a jerk and focus on us more.

When we got home the night of my graduation, he apologized repeatedly. When I didn't want to hear it, and went to go take a bath, he apparently left. I had gotten ready for bed, and he was nowhere around. He finally came back in and he had flowers, food, and a small box with him.

He apologized one final time, and handed me the box, it wasn't a ring, but a beautiful necklace with diamonds throughout the word 'Forever'. He sat beside me on the bed, and told me that he was so in love with me, and he would never let anything that stupid ever happen again. I forgave him, and we went on with our lives.

****

It was a year after graduation, I quit working completely and decided I wanted to go back for my Master's Degree. Dean agreed, and thought that'd be a great idea. He said he could handle paying the bills, and supporting me for a while. He wasn't at the gym anymore, he worked at Neiman and Samson INC., which was some type of investment banking, I'm not exactly sure, because Dean never brought work home. He said it wasn't healthy to talk about work at home, and home at work. I never asked.

I remember the day I found out. June 12th. I missed my period the week prior, and Cali suggested I buy a pregnancy test. Which I thought was absurd, because being safe was the number one priority between Dean and I. He made sure I took every birth control pill, every single morning, and he still wore condoms. I just assumed it was because he was being responsible, not wanting kids before marriage.

Fuck was I wrong.

I sat in Cali's bathroom, staring at the three pregnancy tests, waiting on the plus sign to fade. I'd stop looking at them, rub my eyes, take a deep breath, and look again. I think I was trying to convince myself I was staring so much that I had imagined the plus signs. I hadn't. All three were positive.

Cali being the ever loving best friend, said that this was great news! She reminded me that Dean had changed so much in the past year, and he was a good boyfriend, that I was a college graduate, and that I was surrounded with people that loved me. She kept jumping up and down screaming she was going to be an aunt. Which honestly made me smile. She was right. I was going to be a mother, and bring a beautiful baby into the world surrounded by love.

I decided I wanted to tell Dean in a special way, and since his birthday was 3 weeks away, I decided I'd wait until then. I scanned Pinterest over daily looking for a cute way to reveal it to him. The more I thought about having a baby and a family with Dean, the more excited I got. It was getting near impossible for me hold it in.

Two nights before I was supposed to tell him however, I got the most devastating phone call of my life.

I had received the call from Allendale Hospital. There was a car accident with Cali and her mother. They were hit head on by a drunk driver, and Mrs. Morgan was killed instantly. Cali was in the ICU and they were giving her a less than 40% chance of pulling through. She was in a medically induced coma, and they weren't allowing any visitors until she was more stable.

My world crashed down from that moment on.