*

Maia

   Maia was a lot more patient than her mate. Kaliska could snap before anyone had time to come up with a new excuse. Taking a moment to let Kaliska and Zara leave out of eye sight, Maia let the calm air settle between them.

   "You sure you can control her? Kaliska's always had a temper," Miles insulted their relationship. He had a smirk worn and rolled his eyes.

   Maia was about to say something but Alyssa chose that moment to speak her mind. She slid the bowl of noodles away and stood. Miles didn't see it coming. She grabbed her cup of juice and splashed it over his face. Puzzled by her actions, Miles stood, removing his shirt and wiping his face with it. "You are unbelievable," she snarled. "Kaliska didn't choose you. Get over it. You were never her mate. Your wolf knows that. Most of you, knows that. Everyone respects you, but, God Miles. You are losing their faith in you."

  "What the fuck, Alyssa. There was no purpose for this." Miles jaw locked, when Alyssa's eyes glared at him like an dominant wolf ready to put him in his place. He shut his mouth.

   Maia stood their proud of Alyssa. It was long overdue for her to express her feelings. She would stand back and let Alyssa handle Miles for the first time.

   A few of the pack came in to see Alyssa tear Miles a new asshole. They watched not trying to hide. There was hardly any privacy in pack home.

   Narrowing her eyes, Alyssa put the cup on the table. "Now that I've cooled off your pride, Let me tell you, know considered you less of a man for not winning the heart of our beloved Kaliska. And no one thinks you are repeating your fathers action; after power and bull shit. Only you think little of yourself. Either you want Kaliska to hate you or you're plain stupid. But you have many others who are tired of you nagging at Maia and Kaliska's relationship."

   "Why are you saying all this?" Miles frowned, not being told off in front of everyone. He wasn't dumb enough to ask everyone to leave. They'd only stare and think he was not trusting of their own views of him. Miles knew they weren't staring to watch him be humiliated but to support both Miles and Alyssa.

   Alyssa sighed about to confess something. "Because Miles. Despite how much I belittled myself for your father, I've been redeemed. And that took me getting off my ass and hiding and facing my truth and future. I am worth something. I deserve happiness and love. You deserve the same, Miles. Your wolf doesn't want Kaliska. Or all these other women who linger near you. Do you know your wolf comes to me, when you sleep as a wolf. He nuzzles me and lingers close when we hunt? I'll let you figure that out." Alyssa ran fingers through her hair. "Just grow up." Alyssa anger burned out and she stormed off.

   Leaving Miles with only his thoughts, he sat back down, taking in all her words.

   "Have you spoken to your father?" Maia went right into questioning mode. It was up to how he responded for it to turn into an interrogation.

   Accepting Maia's question, Miles lifted his gaze. "He tried to reach me a few months back. I told him to leave me alone and he has. I don't know where he is or what he's up to." Miles slumped like a man put in his place.

   Deciding to leave him alone, Maia got up and left him with his thoughts.

Kaliska

Kaliska sat on the grass, legs folded inward. Keeping her mind closed from distraction, Kaliska channeled into her dream. It tried to slip away like a distant thought, reeling it back into her subconscious.

"Take few breaths." Zara's voice was gentle and encouraging. Kaliska could hear her smashing Something. A few seconds went by, and Kaliska began breathing the smudge she created.