Chapter Forty Six: Miss

Warren, Amelia, Murphy and I took the golf cart to the airplane after we stopped to grab all the vodka. Murphy continued to drink it while I sat an bounced my leg. I needed to know if my brother was okay.

"You need to stop bouncing, I get anxiety from just sitting next to you."Murphy muttered, then took another swig of vodka.

"Murphy, leave her alone." Warren said. She reached behind to give my knee a comforting squeeze while she drove. We then arrived at the plane, and the radio began to go off.

"Warren, this is Doc. Please be advised we have entered the tunnel to the reactor core. Over and Out."

Once we parked, Amelia and Warren began to rush towards the plane. Murphy just sat back, and slowly got out of the cart. Amelia rushed over to the vodka.

"Let's see what's going on with this baby." Warren said as she approached the plane. I began to try to stand up, but my bump became an issue. She was getting too big for me to stand up.

"So Amelia, my dear." Murphy began. "Where exactly might we be headed in this fine piece of aeronautical hardware?"

"Murph, a little help?" I asked but he ignored me. 

"Condseiring it's only my life and the human race at stake." Murphy continued. Amelia began to move all the boxes, and help me up.

"Sheridan, Wyoming." She answered. "It's to the northwest, and the fallout will be to the southeast. Far enough away, and my Dad and I heard there's some real humans."

"Are we not real?" I whisper to Warren. She shook her head at me and continued to work.

"I just hope it works." Murphy said as he continued to drink.

"Piece of cake. All I need is some tools." Warren said as she worked.

"I mean Murphy is right there." I pointed out, which got me the finger from Murphy. Warren then noticed what he doing, or should I say drinking.

"Murphy! could you quit drinking your fuel and fill up the damn tank." Warren ordered.

"I don't know where the tank is!" He shouted.

"Well it's not in your mouth." Warren then looked at Amelia. "Let me get a screwdriver."

As we began to work, I felt a sharp pain on my side making me wince. Warren stopped what she was doing and ran to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah, she is really kicking. It doesn't help that we are so thirsty." I chuckle. I then grab Warren's hand and place it on my stomach. "Wait for it."

Then a firm kick hit Warren's hand, making her smile and yelp with surprise.

"That's my girl. Nice and strong, just like your mama." Warren smiled. I then look at her and ask her the big question.

"Do you think we will get out of this alive?" I asked. I felt tears weld up in my eyes as I stroke my protruding stomach.

"Hey." She grabs my hands then makes me look at her. "If anyone can do it, it is your brother."

"I just...I just want to meet her. I want to protect her." I whisper. Warren dries my tears then looks at Amelia.

"Is there anyway you could fit one more person?" Warren asks. 

"No, I'm sorry." Amelia replies. "Your Brother has got this."

-------------------

Warren finished filling up the plane, and we got her out onto the field. While Warren talked to Amelia, I went to Murphy.

"Hey Murphy." I called to him. He turned around while rolling his eyes.