Chapter Three: Santa's ass needs Saving

We were on the roof. Watching the mistakes being made. I held the slingshot tight, but it wasn't gonna do much. I put it back and look around the roof. Luckily there was a dead sniper. I stab it in the head, just incase and take his rifle. I get next to 10k and he looks t my gun and smirks.

"Thought you didn't like guns, Crow." He chuckled.

"Only when necessary, plus I gotta beat you score." I smirk and I hug him a little. My focus then goes back to the people. It was blondie, Santa, New girl and red head. Red head was check the bodies to see if they needed mercy. Everyone else was kinda just lookin around. Blondie was check out what was on the Z's, seeing if there was anything useful. Everyone started looking through bodies. Then Santa came and started to pull on the  knife in a military Z's body. It was really in there. the Z was alive and jumped on top of Santa. Santa tried pulling away but Z had a grip. Everyone came over to ry and hel him. but had no shot. Santa was screaming for them to shoot him. However they were moving too much, they would hit him.I heard a deep breathe from 10k and he pulled the trigger, creating a giant hole in the Z. The Z fell and they all looked at us. 10k grabbed my hand and we ran off the roof. YI knew we had to help them, and I'm glad we did.

"Nice shot." I tell him as I hold his hand.

"Better than you." He smirks. 

"You did the right thing." I tell him. He shook his head, confusing me.

"We did the right thing." I chuckle and all we here is yelling. all from white boy. WE watch Hamond and Machete run in, then Hammond and Skittish run out.

"Do we stay and help them?"I ask him. I wanted to slightly, but was still terrified.

"We will see. I won't let them hurt you." HE said as he hugged me tight. I felt safe in my brother's arms. Like I would actually live. 

"Come on, lets check out Santa." I chuckle. He raises his eye brow. 

"Santa?" He smirks. I push him playfully. We rest on the roof once more and watch the whole group come to the entrance.

"What's the hold up?" Hammond asks.

"Where's the baby?" Red head asks.

"Turned." Machete says, making Skittish laugh.

"Surprise, Surprise." Skittish says throwing his arms in the air. Then White boy throws him to the door. We couldn't see much else, which was disappointing. I wanted to see him get his ass kicked. I saw Hammond hold a gun up.

"Let him go. Or I will send you to walk among the dead." Hammond threatened. After a few minutes, Hammond let his gun down and pulled Skittish away. "Let's get in the trucks. We're moving out." Hammond says as he puts the gun back in the holder.

"What about the...the baby thing?" I hear Machete ask. "We can't leave it like that."

"Yeah, she right. Even if it is turned." Blondie agreed.

"It sounds so sad." Red head said. 

"It's not sad. It's a zombie!" Santa pointed out. He was right. 

"Amen, brother. Let's go!" Skittish shouted pointing to the trucks. 

"WE can't leave it like that." Machete protested. I hear muffled voices, but not everything. That was something that made me cringe. They saw us, they could be plotting to kill us and u the zombie baby as an excuse. 

"Two Minutes, be ready to go." Hammond shouted. He was going in. I heard the door open then slam shut. We watched the door. Who knows what would come through. Zombies were fast to begin with, so a small baby zombie was even more dangerous. It could hide and jump out of no ware. I slightly jump at the sound of bullets.

"If we wanted to ditch these two, take the truck and run. Now would be the time." Santa says. Everyone glared at him. Especially Skittish, I'm guessing he came with Hammond. "Just Sayin'." I shake my head. Leaving someone behind was cruel. It was asking for them to die alone, and scared. I then heard yelling and screaming. Blood curdling screams. Everyone ran inside. After a minute of silence, a large amount of gun shots were heard. They all came out after. Sadness on their faces. Hammond didn't make it.  They all stood there for a bit, unsure of what to do.

"You know, none of this would have happened if you just left that Damn baby." Skittish snaps. 

"I didn't tell Hammond to go get eaten by a baby." White boy argues. His shirt had sweat stains and blood spattered on it.

"Never mind that now." Machete says, breaking up the petty fight. "We need a plan."

"My plan, is I am taking this truck and I am forgetting about vaccines and labs and all of you." Skittish says as he points to everyone. "I wanted off this train from day one, and now is my chance."

"Wait-wait-wait. You can't just go. What about California? What about the Vaccine?" Santa says. Me and 10k got closer, on the ground closer. This was interesting.

"What if it's real? What if there's a chance and what if it's you?" Red head asks. I was confused as well as my brother.

"Addy." Blondie called red head, or Addy. "How do we know this isn't just bullshit?" He protests.

"How does anybody know anything anymore?" Skittish shouts. Then a crackle comes from behind them.

"What the hell is that?" Machete asks. They all turn. Addy walks inside the building then comes out with a large radio. 

"It's Hammond's Radio." She says.

"Delta-Xray-Delta. This is northern light." It speaks. 10k pulls my arm for me to look at him. 

"Let's go." He whispers. I nod and follow. I grab the supplies we had and my new rifle. It was hard to carry that and my bow, but I made it work. We walked down the road. The heat was getting to me but we had to keep going. My jacket was around my waist. 10k threw his arm around my shoulders as we walked. "That was interesting to watch." He chuckles.

"Your telling me. But that shot was so clear and clean." I say, refuring to his shot to save Santa.

"Yeah, Santa would be dead without us." He jokes, using my nickname for the new people. We walked for about 20 minutes before a truck pulled up next to us. It was Santa and his crew. 10k put me behind him to protect me. 

"Hey, Hey there." We looked at him and he was being friendly. But the tone of voice he used to talk to us made me nervous. It was too much like Samuel and Travis. "You're that sharp shooter that saved my ass, aren't you?"He said with a smile. We said nothing.

"Oh, Man. I want to thank you. Do you and your friend need a ride?" He asks us. I grab 10k's hand, I was scared. I don't trust people. 10k looked at me and saw f it was okay. He squeezed my hand then looked back at Santa. He shrugged and we headed to the back of the truck. 10k climbed on first then helped me up. He tapped the car letting him know we are on. The car starts to move. I look at 10k and he seems like he is happy. So I smile. We could make this work. Shouldn't be that hard.  

But I need to learn their names.