Where it all began

Mercy. That is what filled Jessie's head. This world was not ment for two teenagers. Her and Tommy were raised to be survivalists. Their father never gave them internet, or social contact. Tommy was the only person she ever talked to, and she was his. The twins would never be able to leave each other. But when the world went to shit, instinct kicked in. Both teens got themselves protection and supplies. Their father right behind them. This lasted for a short time, because their father got bit. Blackness oozed from his side and all he pleaded from his children was for Mercy. The ending of his suffering. Jessie cocked the gun and fired, with her brother's hand wrapped around hers. The night fell with the sounds of tears falling to the road. 

"Jessie, we need to move." Tommy said quickly. He did not want to lose his sister, his best friend.

"Okay." She croaked. They got into the SUV and took off in the dark leaving their father's body behind. Jessie brought her knees into her chest as she watched the dark trees speed past. Was she upset her father was dead? Yes, but it was okay. Her brother was here. Tommy pulled Jessie close to him, to comfort his sister.

"We need to change, leave our old selves behind." Tommy whispered to Jessie. Her long dark brown hair covered Tommy's shoulder as she leaned against it. 

"Change our names...." Jessie suggested, agreeing with the Idea.

"10k.....I will be 10k." Tommy-10k- stated. 

"Why 10k?" She asked, not objecting just wondering.

"That's how many Z's will die by my hand." He said as he gripped the wheel tighter. Jessie took a deep breath before saying her new name.

"Crow....My name is Crow." 

"Like the bird?" She nodded. "Why?"

"Because death surrounds me, so why not be the bird that lingers around." She muttered. 10k held his sister close, never wanting to lose her ever. Together, they will make it through.