Chapter Forty-One: Arguments

"Now Look man, This dude here's the real deal." Doc said after Murphy did his bite show routine. Both Amelia and Wilbur were still in shock. "And a lot of people got killed getting him this far."

"So tell us what we need to do to shut down that reactor so we can be on our way." Warren said to the sick man.

"Unless of course you have eggs to lay Mister Bunny." Murphy adds. I roll my eyes at his stupidity. 

Okay Round two of not dying today......

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We got to the reactor, smoke poured from the tops of the metal domes. An Alarm blared from the place, creating more Zs to show up. Yea.

"Okay, here's the plan. I need to get to the control room, to see if I can figure out why the fuel rods aren't dropping down to the cooling pool to stop the reaction." Wilbur explained to Warren. 

Him and Amelia were wearing the yellow suits while the rest of us were out in the open. The amount of complaining Murphy did, was almost so bad that my knife could go into his skull and I wouldn't care if I was screwed or not.

"I haven't been abled to get in there cuz of this gauntlet of zombies." Wilbur tells us. "That's where I need your help."

"Killing zombies, that's what we do." Warren assured.

"Radiation levels are only slightly elevated outside the containment building. So you should be safe for at least two minutes." Wilbur explained. "Long enough to get me to the door before you have to retreat back here."

We began to get close to the fence, where you could see Zs in yellow and white suits. On the gate, it held a sign stating, NO PARKING: DO NOT BLOCK GATE. It's funny how that doesn't even matter anymore.

"Use whatever you have to keep the Zs from getting too close. they are very contaminated. One hug and you'll be dead in a few hours." Wilbur chuckled. A Z then launched itself at Doc, only for the fence to block him. 10k and Cass both pulled me away to keep me protected.

"Don't hug the Zombies." Doc said then sent a rod into it's skull. "Got it."

"You two stay here. 10k you cover us from up there. Crow, you are on that tree with the bow." Warren said. The Tree wasn't even close to the gate and 10k was only like two feet away."If we don't get back, you two get him to California somehow."

"Dude really?" I whine. She gave me the glare. I turned around and head for the tree. "Stupid radiation. Stupid baby in me. I gotta sit out. This is stupid. Gotta watch stupid bite boy...stupid."

"Great vocabulary sunshine." Murphy chuckled. I sent him the finger and climb the tree.

"Twins!" Warren shouted, giving us our memo. 10k took the first yellow suit Z down.

"Two Thousand, three hundred and four." 10k counted. I then began to fire my bow.

"Cas, grab my arrows!" I shouted at her. I only had so many. The whole group them charged though the gates. Wilbur was the leader, as suspected. Murphy and Amelia then closed the gates behind them.

I was running out of arrows after I hit Two thousand, three hundred and twenty. I looked down at 10k and had an Idea. I jumped out of the tree and ran over to his side.

"Jessie, what are you doing?!" He hissed as he fired. I grabbed his slingshot and gears then began to send those off. We then lost sight of them as they went around the building. I looked at 10k who slight pissed off.

"You good?" I asked him.

"Why would you do that? What if a Z came and contaminated you!" 10k snapped.

"Dude, I was helping my friends, don't give me shit about it." I growled. Oh god, hormones are kicking in. He sent another Z down and turned to me.

"Its not just you anymore!" He hissed.

"You don't think I know that! Trust me I do, I freaking know! Screw you Tommy. I was trying to help!" I say, then shoved him. I got up and looked to see they were heading back. "There's Back."

Murphy and Amelia opened the gates and the group quickly ran in, except Wilbur. I grabbed Cass and hugged her tight. She had my arrows in her hand as she hugged me back.

"Are you alright?" She whispered as I hugged her.

"I just got into a stupid fight with my brother...and I don't know why I was such a bitch." I tell her.

"I'm almost to the control room." Wilbur said over the radio.

"Great. Keep going, Dad." Amelia said, you could tell she was nervous.

We all watched for Wilbur. 10k came over to us, but I refused to look at him.

"What do we do now?" Murphy asked.

"We wait." Amelia said.

And that's what we did. We waited.